Chapter 3: Welcome to Vasselheim

It was a cold winter morning, but the small tree sat gracelessly on the hill as it opens the front with a green glow and Scanlan peered his head out.

He chuckles with relief, "It worked." he laughs, stepping forward. "I can't believe it actually..." he starts but his words were immediately cut off as he screams falling forward and holding tight onto a root.

Did I say sitting gracefully on a hill? I meant hanging on the side of a mountainside.

Scanlan blinks as he looks down at the long drop "Oh, shit!" he mutters then up at the portal as the others were coming through. "Guys, stop! No, no, no! Don't step through!" he tries to warn them.

But they came through and everyone was screaming as they were plummeting. The ground was approaching very quickly "Pike, grab my claw!" Keyleth calls out as she reaches for the gnome, "Wait, what?!" Pike calls out as he grabs hold of Keyleth's hand.

She shifts into a giant eagle and Pike falls onto her back as Keyleth flew toward the twins. "Gods! I hope she catches up." Vex mutters to her brother as the talons grab hold of them.

Kyria blinks and looks over at the falling paladin. She shifts into a huge bat and dives right for him, grabbing hold of his arms and slowing the descent.

Percy and Scanlan were screaming as the ground was getting very close.

"The Landing's gonna be a bit rough. But I'll save our asses with some butt stuff!"

Scanlan sang as he conquers an Illusion and they both bounce on them as were still alive and took a moment. Percy blinks as he looks over at the gnome. "Before I met you, I would have found this very upsetting," he informs him, propping himself up

Scanlan just grins at the prince, but they heard screaming from up ahead as Grog and Trinket were falling in fast. The bounce on the Illusion as Scanlan, Percy, and Trinket was through off.

The eagle sets the twins down on their feet, landing on the boulder, and shifts back into Keyleth. The bat did the same with Jason, setting him on his feet and dropping back into Kyria next to him.

Jason pants for a moment, collecting himself as he bends forward, hands pressed to his knees. "Thanks for that." he pants. Kyria just pats his back. "No problem," she answers.

Grog grunts and the others looked at him, he struggles for a moment, is stuck between the two buttcheeks, and pulls up himself straight up. He grins and pats the cheeks. "Good thing these tittes were here," he states.

But the others just looked at him, with grim looks on their faces as Scanlan and Jason were grinning. Grog just blinks at them, "What?" he asks.

Keyleth pants as she looks up to where the tree was. "Okay, that was not my fault. I told Keeper Yennen I have to know the tree. I mean, she was so vague." she informs them.

Kyria just sighs "At least we're alive?" she points out, Keyleth just frowns at her. "Not helping," she grumbles at her. But Pike's attention was on the horizon. "Whoa," she said in awe, jumping down from the boulder.

"You guys..." she starts, walking past the twins and they followed her gaze, everyone walks toward the edge of the cliff. "We made it," she states as they look out at the city before them.

"Is that Vassem... Uh... Vagil...?" Grog asks as he tries to remember the city's name. "Vasselheim," Pike spoke up as she exhales. "Our only chance."

~8~8~8~

The road was crowded with a line of people waiting to get into the city "Remember, we're not here as tourists. We need to find allies to fight the conclave." Percy informs them as they walk up to the front gate.