Chapter 5: Temple Lost to Time

It was a night as the surviving people of Emon were lined up, chattering among themselves carrying whatever trinkets they could find.

Just hidden in the alley, Pike peers out from the alley, watching the people walk by and step out, following the people as headed towards the new throne of the Cinder king.

She steps towards the front of the line and looks up at Thordak, who huffs and growls at the people before him. "Your offerings grow ever smaller," he warns them.

A shadow flew over them, making Thordak screech as the three dragons landed and bowed before the Cinder King. "I trust the remaining treasures have been wrung from Emon?" he asks his fellow dragons. "As you commanded, Thordak. Every last ounce delivered to your feet." Raishan informs him.

"And Westruun is on the brink of ruin, my king." Umbrasyl informs him, "More are soon to follow. And once all is in order, the entire realm shall quake in our shadow." he raises his head high.

But then looks down at the people that stood before him, and the thunder roars overhead. "As for your kind, it seems your useless bauble is no longer needed," he informs them.

The people gasp in horror, "Run! Run!" Pike cries out and everyone makes a run for it.

But Thordak reels his head back, rumbling a deep growl and roaring, shooting fire from his jaw. The flames came hurling towards them, Pike turns and gasp in horror as all she could see was the burning flames as everything was burned in its wake.

~8~8~8~

Gasping awake from her concentrated spell, Pike was back in the snowy woods, panting heavily to herself the others looked at her as she hunched over, "Pike?" Jason calls out as Grog walks up to her, "Whoa, whoa. You okay?" he asks, kneeling next to the trembling cleric.

"No. the dragons, they're moving. Expanding across Tal'Dorei." she warns him looking up at Grog as he blinks at her, "Uh, you saw 'em in your head?" he asks her.

She looks away, "A vision granted by the Everlight. The red one. The others called him Thordak, just like Kyria said." she spoke.

Kyria stiffens for a moment as the others look at her, "He just... wiped them out. I..." she looks up t Grog, tears in her eyes, "I couldn't save them." she spoke, Grog frowns as he pulls her into his arms and she sobs quietly.

"I know we come from all over, but Emon was the first place that accepted us. It kind of felt like our home." Keyleth spoke. Kyria pulls her arms around her legs and pulls them close, "And now it's burning thanks to Thordak and his insanity." she spoke with a frown.

Vex turns to her, "Kyria, what can you tell us about him. Thordak?" she asks her, Kyria lifts her eyes at her, and she pulls her arms from her legs, dropping them to Indian style.

She flicks her eyes down and frowns, "Kyria, you don't have to tell us." Jason informs her, but she shook her head, "Thordak. He takes cruelty to a whole new level. He likes making it slow, to instill the fear until it chokes you." she states.

They frown at her "Is that what Thordak did to you, instilling the fear?" Percy asks her. She flicks her eyes away, "I wish that was all he did." she mutters.

Vex reaches out and places her hand on her shoulder, Kyira looks up and sees Vex smiling at her. "It's all right, Kyria. You don't have to tell us everything," she informs her.

Kyria smiles, then took in a deep breath, "But Emon matters more right now, it was the first place to accept me, despite... being different." she spoke, flicking her eyes down to her lap "They even gave us a title." Percy informs them.