Chapter 13: Divided

The half-elves, Ashari, and the former prince stood close as Keyleth was pacing back and forth, freaked out of her mind. "Oh, no. no, no, no," she mutters to herself. "What happened? What happened to the others?" Percy asks her. "I...I don't know," she answers. "Where's Pike?" he shouts, terrified of what happened.

Keyleth presses her fists to her head, "How do you don't know?!" Vex snaps. Kyria said nothing as she flicks her eyes away.

Vax steps forward, "Breathe, all right? Just tell us what you remember." he asks her, she takes a moment exhaling the breath she was holding, and ponders back to the battle.

"I tried to take us to the next vestige. U-Umbrasyl... disrupted my spell. I..." she spoke, pacing again. "I managed to transport us here, but the others went... somewhere else?" she said and looks back at them.

Vax sighs and looks at his sister, "At least we're together." he whispers as Vex looks at him. Keyleth sighs as she turns away. "I shouldn't have tried to pull off a spell like that," she mutters, tears well up in her eyes.

Vax looks back at her, "If you hadn't, they wouldn't just be lost, they'd be dead." Vex informs her. Kyria tightens her grip on her arm. "But... Pike... she was..." She starts looking back at him. "With Grog and Scanlan. And Jason has been practicing the healing arts. We have to believe they're okay." he assures her.

Keyleth just looks at him and smiles as the tears stream down her cheeks. "They aren't the only ones lost," Vex spoke up.

The two looked back at the view before them, "Where the hell are we?" she questions. Kyria blinks as she looks at the sky above them. "Well... I was trying to take us to the next Vestige of Divergence." Keyleth informs them as she looks at the flowers that sprout open.

"I think you succeeded. It's here. Somewhere." Percy spoke, taking in the view.

Then a little bird flew into Keyleth's view. "Oh, hello little floof," she said as it was adorable. Vax looks from the corner of his eyes at her, as Kyria just turns and sees the little bird.

The little floof as it flew higher, "Oh, that is the prettiest bird I have ever..." Keyleth starts, but the plants snag at the bird, catching it in its tentacles, and began pulling on it.

The three watched in horror as the floof just screams in terror and was ripped to shreds and quickly devoured. Keyleth ran towards the plants, dropping to her knees and gasping in horror.

"Oh, that's not right," Kyria grumbles taking a step back, But Percy was having the time of his life. "Friends, welcome to the Fey Realm."

~8~8~8~

With Vox Machina split, the only members began walking through tall grass as it glows around them, leaving a fading trail behind them. "Without Pike, we don't have a healer, and without Grog and Jason, we don't have muscle and without Scanlan, we have..." Keyleth lists off.

"Less dick jokes." Vex answers as she stops and groans for a moment, "Ugh. This grass is making me dizzy. Look." she spoke and whistled. Making the light of the grass shine brighter as it expands.

"Tripy grass," Kyria mutters as she ran her hand over the surface o the grass. "Scanlan said his vision of the Fey Realm was like a drug trip." Keyleth points out.

"And that the Fenthras Bow was inside a twisted tree in a bog," Vax adds in as he watches a strange creature fly past him. Vex looks back at the two, "He also dead sheep's milk is his favorite lubricant, so..." she points out.

"But he was holding Mythcraver when he saw this Fenthras Bow, so..." Kyria points out, Vex frowns at her. Kyria flinches and quickly looks away from her.