Chapter 16: The Echo Tree

Laying on the floor in a puddle of drool, Grog slept soundly after hours of having the pill shoved up his ass. Wilhand wipes the sweat off Grog's head, making him groan awake.

"I had the craziest dream," he mutters and looks up at the four that were looking down at him. With another groan, he pushes himself off the ground and leans back against the table.

Jason kneels before him, "You mean the one where Scanlan shoved a rock pill up your ass?" he asks him, Grog chuckles "Yeah, how'd you know that?" he asks him, Jason sat tall on his feet.

His expression went serious, "I saw it all. It was horrible, utterly horrible..." he spoke as a smirk etched onto his face, "And fascinating." he joked, Pike shot a frown at him. Grog just blink,

Jason shrugs as no one was in the sense of a little dark humor, "But other than that... how are you feeling?" he asks him, Grog ponders for a moment

"I feel..." he starts, but then notices the blanker fall from his shoulder and flicks his eyes down at his body. It was still the same as before.

His eyes widen as he begins to panic, "Oh. So, I'm gonna be like this forever?" he cries, and Jason shoots his hands out. "Grog, Grog, Grog... calm down, it's okay." the paladin assures him.

Pike helps Wilhand to his feet, "No, not necessarily. Come on. The medicine got rid of your corruption." he states singling the others as Jason moves out of the way and Scanlan places the barrel in front of Grog and leans him against it.

"We're cheering. But your strength to come back, well, your body's gonna need a kickstarter. Some significant stimulation." Wilhand informs him,

Grog flutters his eyes open, "I gotta simulate myself? I mean, okay..." he answers and slips his hand onto his pants. "Stop that hand!" Wilhand orders as Grog froze. "Back it up," he orders again and Grog removes his hand.

"We're talking about a boost, a jolt. Your muscles will awaken, poof, when they're properly aroused." Wilhand informs him, and Grog arches his brow. "Aroused? I'm getting real mixed messages here." he points out.

Pike walks over and pats his head, "My buddies, no moping." she assures him. Jason crosses his arms and leans back against the wall, next to the window, "We're gonna solve this, okay?" Pike assures her out-of-commission bestie.

But Jason was pulled into his thoughts as he pulled out one arm and looked down at his hand.

"But you can't see where the source of your strength comes from."

"I never thought to imagine that a child of the Gods and a demon would be standing in the same room, mustless not trying to kill one another."

"You, my young Paladin have the blood of the Gods coursing through your veins."

"But for a Cambion to exist is rare."

"I'll kill him. I'll rip the scales from his hide, I'll gouge his eyes out."

"He's going to die. I'll kill him if it's the last thing I do."

"I can't lose you."

Memories of the fight echo in Jason's mind. Much he didn't understand. How could he have angel blood coursing through his veins?

How was Kyria the supposed enemy of his? And why did he say such a thing to her? Just thinking about it, makes his headache.

He sighed, pressed his hand to his face, and slid down the wall, he couldn't get his thoughts in order as everything was going too fast.