Chapter 19: My Strength

On the border of the rebuilding city of Whitestone, a portal opens and out steps, the Air Ashari, followed by the twins and the former prince, and not long after was the fire Ashari.

Kyria looks back, watching as the portal closes behind them "Well... that was fu..." she starts as they look out at the open space before them. "What the shit?" she mutters, pointing at the plain before them.

"Um... isn't Whitestone supposed to be here?" Keyleth asks as she looks out at the plains as well. Percy steps forward, "This is the right valley. But where's it gone?" he questions.

The others step forward. "What's with cities up and moving this week?" Vex questions with a sigh, Kyria steps forward and sniffs the air, "You smell that?" she asks, flicking her tail. "Someone's cooking something and it's close. Real close," she answers.

The others just looked at her as Vax stepped forward and kneeled, noticing the footprints that were left behind.

It leads forward and vanishes without a trace, he notices a flower, thanks gentle breeze, and momentarily passes through a barrier.

Vax stood to his feet and reached his hand out and it passed through the barrier, making it ripple. Retracting his fingers, he blinks and looks back at the others as they blink at him, "Maybe it didn't move." he states and walks through the barrier.

The others followed suit. Passing through the barrier, the City was coming along as the streets were brighter than before. "Ooh, that smell..." Kyria mutters.

Vex smiles at her, gripping the back of her shirt, and drags her along "But, but, but..." she whines, "Another time, Ray-ray." she assures her, Kyria just whines.

~8~8~8~

"The Dragons are on the move. They've already taken Emon and Westruun." Kima informed as they sat at the table with the giant map of Tal'Dorai.

"Our defenses are holding steady for now, but Gilmore and I will need help soon," Allura informs.

Keeper Yennen looks at the others, "Hiding the city was never meant to be a permanent solution." she informs him. as the sorcerer picks up the orb of Whitestone dabbing his forehead. "I can't speak for Allura, is murder on my complexion." he threw in.

Cassandra sighs, "I am fully aware of our situation. But for now, concealing Whitestone is the only way to protect it." he informs him.

"Well, whatever you're doing, Cass, I'm pleased to see it's worked," Percy spoke out. The others just look to the shadows as the party of Vox Machina steps into the light and surprises the others.

Cassandra jumped to her feet, "Percy." she said in surprise as Allura stood to her feet. "Vox Machina," she said with relief as Vox Machina approached the table.

"After three weeks, we'd started to give up hope," she states as they join them at the table. "Three weeks? We've only been gone three days." Keyleth informs him.

Percy just frowns, "I hate the blood Fey Realm." Percy mutters, Gilmore just smiles as he stands to his feet. "Well, despite your temporal hiccup, I'm relieved you're back," he states, hugging Vax and kissing his cheek.

He takes a step back and gives Vax a once-over. "Oh, and with a new look." he laughs. Vax held a smile as he chuckled. "Something like that. Happy to see you as well, Shaun," he answers.

"You gotta admit, you do look dashing." Kyria jokes, Vax throws a look at her, she holds up her hands and giggles as her tail flicks happily. Gilmore looks up and has her a once-over.