Chapter 24: Our Fate Our Destiny

Right as Umbrasyl was ready to snap his jaw right on her, a voice cried out as a shot followed.

"Vex!" Percy calls out a bang hits the dragon, throwing him off course, Percy exhales as he lowers his rifle with an exhale. Kyria yelps, clawing onto Umbrasyl's tail, keeping herself from falling to certain death.

But Vax was through right off, making Kyria gasp, "Vax!" she cries after, watching as he is flung towards the acid lake.

But right before he could hit the watch, Vex swoops in and catches him, looking at her wounded brother. "I've got you," she assures him.

Kyria exhales but yelps again as she struggles to keep her grip. Umbrasyl turns back to the gunslinger and fires acid right at him. "Bollocks!" Percy shouts as he runs towards the edge and jumps right off the edge, evading the acid.

He shouts as he falls towards the acid pit below, Keyleth in her eagle form flies in and catches him as they begin to make their retreat. "Thanks for the lift!" Percy calls out, Kyria pulls herself back onto the tail then spirits.

Running up Umbrasyl's back, making it past his throne crown, and leaps right off his head, but she twists in the air, the gem at her neck glows as she shoots both her hands out and sends out another gust of wind.

This threw off Umbrasyl as Kyria shot out closer to the eagle, Percy looked up, seeing Kyria was going to fall right in front of them, then reached out and caught her hand.

"I got you!" he assures and helps her onto Keyleth's back, both looked back as Umbrasyl gave chase. "Get us the fuck out of here now," Percy shouts as Kyria couldn't remove her eyes from the dragon.

Scanlan around and looked at the others that were in the air. "Down here. There's a way out," he calls out, pointing at a side cave and they fly right for it.

A hunter does not run.

The voice calls out to Kyria again, making her gasp as time slows everything down.

It's your friends' lives that are at risk, and Umbrasyl isn't going to stop until they're dead.

You know this.

Kyria looked back at her friends, they were charging right for the side cave.

You should not fear the dragon.

She turned her head back and looked at Umbrasyl as he was gaining speed.

What you are should make this dragon fear you.

The frightful little girl fades away and in her place is an angered half-demon.

Ashari of Fire, you are Kyria. She who walks the flames. An infernal demon.

The dragon is your prey and you are the hunter!!

Time speeds up and right at Vox Machina dives right for the side cave, "It's gonna be close!" Vex calls out as they fly low. Umbrasyl roars as he catches up.

Kyria leaps off Keyleth. Her whole body burst into flames, taking her elemental form.

Catching Umbrasyl by surprise as Vox Machina slid right into the crack and a burst of flames went off behind them. Keyleth looked back and saw the entrance was sealed off by crumbling rocks.

But right before it was sealed, she saw the fire elemental fighting off Umbrasyl.

She gasped as the sight was blocked and the others cried out as they slid down through the tunnel and came up to another part of the cave that was sealed off from Umbrasyl's lair.