• The Eye Contact (II) •

•______________•

•______________•

“ Your eyes a
War,
I don't mind dying in”

•______________

The loud voice of the lecturer echoed across the huge classroom yet failing to gain the attention of each student seated there.

Either with their heads down on the desks and their orbs closed enjoying the shortlived precious naps or the faces attentive and eyes settled on the LED screen fixated on the stand beside the white board, yet their brains still unable to process what was the professor actually teaching.

Sitting in one of the middle rows of the room with her head lowered and orbs fixed on the notepad as she swiftly wrote the notes in her elegant cursive handwriting and ears attentive towards the professor, she was one of those few students that were actually paying attention to the lecture.

The long curtain of her honey brown straight silky hair parted as they cascaded down curtaining either side of her face and falling down on the desk scattering over its smooth surface.

"Can I dare say that I didn't understand a single word professor Zaidi said since the class started? Is it him who is speaking a different language or is it only me who is unable to understand him"?

The hushed voice of Waniya echoed behind her making her attention snap as she stopped writing and straightened up on her chair.

Feeling a slight ache in her back, she exhaled a soft breath before gazing at the professor ahead who stood with his back to them as he wrote something swiftly on the white board while also loudly repeating it.

Seeing his attention not on students, she finally turned her neck and gazed back at Waniya's frame who was leaning ahead towards her chair.
She sat on the chair behind hers in the middle row.

Her notebook and textbook remained closed as if she hadn't bothered opening them from the time the lecture started nor was there any pen or highlighter in her hand.

A soft sigh left Shanzay's lips as she gazed at Waniya's chair arm desk before raising her gaze back to her orbs.

"You aren't taking notes"?

Waniya made a face at her words as if she had heard something unpleasant,
"Notes? How can I make notes if I'm unable to understand a single word the professor is saying"?

Shanzay gave her a glare before speaking in her low reprimanding tone,
"You didn't even open the textbook since the class started so how will you even understand what topic we are studying? What if professor Zaidi asks a question from you? How will you answer it Waniya"?

"We'll simply say we don't understand a single word sir, how can we answer what you are asking"?

Ayat hushed from the left row speaking as she snapped her fingers in air inaudibly, giving a proud smile.