• Roses For You (II) •

•_____________•

“There are only two times that I want to be with you—
Now and Forever”

_Unknown_

•_____________•

The clinking of the dainty silver heels echoed with the white marble tiled floor as she carefully stepped out of the room, closing the door behind.

Turning around, she let go of the door knob as a deep exhale trespassed her lips.

One slender hand of hers flew to her chest as she placed it there taking deep breaths while the other one rose, gently tucking the untied honey brown tendrils behind her ear.

The golden rays of sun peeking from the wall sized windows in the corridor with curtains slid aside, reached her frame not only accentuating the glossiness of her strands but also illuminating the dainty blue tear shaped crystal embedded in the tiny silver drop earring of hers that swayed with every tiny movement of hers.

Letting out another deep exhale, the canopy of her luscious mascara laced lashes raked past the air, sweeping through the empty hallways as she tried to calm the erratic beats of her heart.

It's alright.
It's fine.
She'd pretend as if nothing happened earlier.
Yes, that's exactly what she'd do because that was honestly the only way she could keep her sanity and precious dignity intact.

Trying hard not to overthink and fret too much over it, she set the slipping light blue organza dupatta back on her shoulder as she let out a soft sigh before dropping her hands to her sides as she began taking steps towards the staircase.
The tapping of heels with floor echoed across the silent air.

Holding onto the handrail of the railings with one hand while gripping at the slipping organza dupatta with the other, her downcast eyes caressed past the steps as she descended the staircase, entering the lounge.

Tucking her straight and silky tresses behind her ears almost nervously, she raked her honey gaze across the lounge with the gloss covered lips of hers pressed in a thin line, before taking reluctant steps towards the sitting room.

Tucking her head in and peeking in slightly with utter reluctance oozing from her frame, she held onto the door knob and raked a quick glance across the plush beige sofas that remained empty at the moment making her brows furrow slightly in confusion.

A light tap on her shoulder was so sudden and unexpected in such eerily quiet surroundings that she couldn't help but flinch in startle barely holding in the loud squeal from escaping her throat as her hands flew up covering her lips.

The other second, she tried to calm her erratically beating heart as she slowly turned, completely facing the figure before her.

The tall graceful frame of her father clad in grey kameez shalwar stood infront of her with the arms folded on his chest and light brown orbs gazing back at her from behind the metal brimmed spectacles.

She let out a relieved sigh dropping her hands to her sides,
"You scared me, baba".

Her father simply raised his brow as he asked softly,
"And what was this little thief doing here, peeking in oh so secretively"?