• Assuring Smile •

•______________•

"For you, I would"

•______________•

The aroma of food wafted across the dining table, lingering in the air as the three figures remained immersed in devouring their breakfast.

The golden rays of sun peeked through the slid open glass windows and the mouthwatering aroma of Shami kebabs wafted across the nostrils, tingling one's tastebuds to the core.

"The shami kebabs are so delicious, Nadia".

She who had settled one kebab on the slice of bread while spreading a little bit of mayo on it followed by adding another slice on top of it as she raised the sandwich to her mouth, halted her movements mid-air and turned her neck slightly to gaze at her father at the echo of his voice.

Nadia begum who was spreading honey on the slice of bread for herself smiled at her husband's words as she sighed softly,
"Such such batayen Salman, dil say keh rahay hain ya sirf dil rakhnay k liye"?

A gentle smile tugged Shanzay's lips at her words as she took a bite munching on it lazily as she slightly tilted her neck towards her shoulder gazing at her precious parents that were her whole life.

Sunlight peeking from the windows fell on her frame illuminating the the emerald green kurta shalwar cladding her, followed by the dark brown sweater, the slim sleeves ending at her dainty pale wrists from where her slender soft hands emerged holding the sandwich.

The silky straight honey strands of hers remained draped across her back, semi tied with a small clutcher, as few loose tendrils cupped her pristine face lovingly.

Salman Malik who was munching on the kebabs alongside parathas immediately raised his head giving Nadia his full blown smile,
"My precious Nadia, have I ever lied to you before that I'd lie now"?

Nadia begum tried to stifle her smile as she shook her head,
"Makhan laganay main apsay koi nahi jeet sakta".

"Nah, I'm just being honest".
He mused raising another morsel of the flaky paratha with a piece of kebab to his mouth making Shanzay chuckle softly.

"Baba has always been honest to you, Ma".

Nadia begum threw a fake glare towards her frame as she commented,
"You'll always take your baba's side".

"Oh that I will".
Shanzay giggled softly, catching the flying kiss her precious father sent her way with her palm than sending another one of hers towards him.

Nadia begum shook her head with a soft smile invading her lips as she continued eating her breakfast.

"By the way".
Salman Malik cleared his throat a minute later as he pulled out a paper napkin from the box wiping his hands with it as he threw Shanzay a look,
"I wanted to talk about something important, and it's the best time now since we all are gathered here".

Nadia begum, with her gaze lowered to her plate, hummed softly encouraging him to continue who was still wriggling his brows at his daughter.