• Roses For You (I) •

•______________•

•______________•

"Look at my eyes,
I'm filled with you"

_Aadil Sayyed_

•_____________•

She kept ambling across the kitchen helping her mother by taking out the things she needed from fridge, and the ingredients that were required from cabinets.

Farzana remained busy with preparing the dough for flatbread while her mother stood beside the counter stirring the pot where the gravy for biryani was being cooked.
The stove beside it was occupied by the vessel where the gravy for koftas was being prepared.

Shanzay took out the platter of frozen shami kebabs that her mother prepared last night as she slid the tray on the counter beside her.

Than her dainty hand rose towards the crockery stand as she pulled out a tray and a knife placing it there before turning towards the basket filled with spinach, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes.

"Rehnay dou shanzay, hum sambhal lain gae baqi sab. Tum jao aur tayar hojao".

Her hand moving towards the basket halted in air as she turned her neck towards her mother's frame the other second with a warm tug forming at her lips.

Withdrawing her hand from the basket, she rested it on the counter top while leaning her weight towards it, tilting her head slightly towards her left shoulder as she mused,
"Ap tou sambhaal lain gi lekan apkay shouhar ko kon sambhalay ga? Isi liye mujhe ye kernay dain takay apka bhi kam waqt lagay aur ap bhi piyara sa tayar hojayen un kay liye".

At her cheeky smile and teasing words, Nadia Begum's cheeks blazed beetroot as she immediately slapped Shanzay's shoulder lightly, ignoring Farzana's snickering in the background.

"Badtameez"!

Shanzay threw her head back as the lips of hers parted and her soft laughter echoed across the walls of the kitchen.
The movement causing her straight waterfall to caress her waist and the pearly teeth of hers to glint under the peeking sun's rays before she straightened up, controlling her laughter and turning her attention towards the blazing face of her mother,
She cleared her throat slightly,

"Waisay, ap wo red wala dress pehan le na aj jo baba nay apko pichlay saal dilaya tha. Aik dafa nahi pehna ap nay".

"Wo pehnun main? Iss umer main red dress? Dulhan nahi lagna mujhe"!