• The Glimpse Of You •

•______________•

Nigah uthti nahi kisi aur
ki taraf
Aik shaks ka deedar mujhe paband kergaya

•_____________•

The expansive corridors of the mardan khana remained bathing in the morning sun's golden light as the lightly blowing winds swayed the muslin and white gauze curtains with every breeze that blew across the silent and serene atmosphere.

The birds sitting on the eaves of windows chirped as the autumn leaves fell down the trees, leaving the lush branches and swaying lifelessly towards the white marbled cold corridors that were devoid of life at the moment.

The empty hallways radiating pious silence that was disrupted by the sudden sound of thud followed by the echo of footsteps

From behind the huge gauze curtains that were draped around the khirki leading to zanan khana, a maroon khussa clad foot popped out lightly tossing the gauze away, as the sunlight illuminated the delicate golden beads littering the brim of it over the maroon soft plush velvet fabric.

Above the khussa, near the ankle was the hem of the white trouser lined with thin delicate golden lace.

The two feet moved down touching the hard tiled flooring as a slender beige hand emerged from behind the gauze, tucking the see-through curtain taking a peek across the corridors.

"Huzaifa wasn't lying, the corridors in this area are actually empty".
The voice of youth echoed from behind her making her jump slightly in startle as she turned giving Hamza a glare before turning her gaze back towards front.

"Waisay apiya, agar Khurram bhaiyya ko pata chal gaya tou"?
Hamza spoke this time with his voice echoing in the form of hushed whisper.

The maroon khussa clad feet of hers took a step forward as she walked out completely evading the hiding of curtain as her slender form clad in white kameez shalwar illuminated.

Gripping the maroon shawl draped over her head and shoulders with her slender hand raising one hem near her face covering it below her gazelle like charcoal eyes, she raked her gaze across her surroundings with keenness before stepping forward motioning her free hand in air for Hamza to follow her.

"He won't know as long as no one tells him".
Daneen spoke, replying to his earlier asked question in a hushed voice.

Hamza who was following her on his tiptoes, trying to make as less noise as possible, spoke while hugging the empty basket close to his light blue hoodie clad chest,
"Yarr Api! If only Zeenat apa and chachi weren't sitting in the back lawn in Zanan Khana, we could have taken that route. It would havebeen much convenient".

Daneen hummed as they both stepped carefully across the corridor making least sound,
"Agreed. We were left with no choice but to take this route from mardan khana. Pata nahi ye amrood ka darakht aisi jaga kiyun laga diya Zafar uncle nay".

They reached the end of corridor where Huzaifa already stood leaning against the pillar as he ever so nonchalantly slapped the moth away that had suddenly flew in his sight of vision,
"Zafar uncle didn't know that his neighbours would keep their dirty eyes on his precious tree. If he did, he wouldn't have even grown it in the first place".