Life Vest II Charles Leclerc

**TW: Drowning, CPR

__________

"Okay baby I'm leaving now, I'll see you tonight." I hollered at Charles as I grabbed my last few items chucking them quickly into my bag. 

"Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up?" He walked from the kitchen to the doorway. "Ah you look so hot." He bit his lip as his eyes lingered over my work outfit, my red sunproof shirt on my top half and black shorts covering the rest. 

I laughed. "Yep, I wanna come back and shower and that'll make us too late, I'll meet you there don't worry." I gave him a quick kiss. 

"Okay, be safe I love you." he pulled me back for another quick kiss. 

"I will, I love you." He finally let my hand go as I walked out the door in a rush, as usual. 

I quickly chucked my things into my bike basket before getting on and starting the short trip to work. I loved my job, everything about it. I was a lifeguard in Monaco, it was incredibly relaxed and most days I spent the days simply tanning, chatting to familiar faces, and occasionally having a dip in the water. Of course, I also loved the more action-packed days when the water would get a little unpredictable and I'd have to jump in the water to help out a couple of people here and there. It never got boring, I got to work at different beaches each week and this week I was working in the one closest to home, my favorite. 

I arrived and quickly ran inside the tower pushing my things into the locker room. "Morning Leo." I quickly greeted my boss/friend. 

"Morning y/n." He laughed watching me in my usual rush as I filled up my water bottle. 

Leo taught me everything about being a lifeguard and he was who I worked with most days, he was supposed to be my boss but was more like a big brother to me, always looking out for me and also taking the piss out of me when he had the opportunity. 

"How's the water looking?" I asked him as he put his binoculars up to his eyes once more looking out at the water. 

"Looks eerily calm actually," he replied. 

"Ooo, not a good sign," I commented. It was true we loved it when the water was calm and it remained so but the chances of that were unlikely, the water was best when it was somewhat rough, best for the surfers and most people tended to avoid going too far but at least we knew what we worked with. On occasions when the water seemed calm, it meant a surge of people came to the beach, harder to keep an eye out, and if the water were to change without notice that meant big problems for us. 

I rushed out of the tower and headed to my high chair, yes that typical lifeguard chair that Charles loved to mention to all of his friends whenever they asked what I did for a living, he found it so stereotypically hilarious for some reason. 

_____

I'd been sitting in my chair for around 2 hours, and just like Leo said the water looked eerily calm, and just as we suspected the beach got crowded fast. My eyes were constantly on the water, my senses heightened whenever I heard a playful kid yell or someone hollering to a friend my head would snap in its direction. 

"y/n 3'o clock, you might need to go in." I heard Leo's voice on the radio. 

My head immediately snapped in the direction he indicated, I immediately spotted 3 people struggling in the back and it looked like there was a change in the water rapidly coming from that area too. 

I stripped my sunproof shirt off and got down from my chair, grabbing my lifeguard board and running across the beach all while keeping a close eye on the people in the water whose heads would occasionally disappear for a few seconds after a wave, seconds where my heart would stop.