T W E N T Y - T W O

[ Chapter Twenty One—the curse of tsar lunar ]

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by a quickly darkening sky with nothing but shrubs and tall trees around me. Dirt met my bare feet, and the rest of my clothes hung off my body in tatters.

My toes moved on their own accord, grounding against the dirt. I cringed at the repulsive dirty feeling it gave.

Looking down, I frowned at the nice pair of jeans that were utterly ruined. My t-shirt was in no better shape as it adorned many tears.

And my shoes were missing... seeing as I am a shoe girl this did not sit well with me.

It admittedly took me a few minutes to truly get my bearings together as I took in my situation. My canines had long since elongated and my eyes were permanently stuck glowing blue: there was no putting the huge beastly teeth or the glowing eyes away.

I could feel the full moon — Tsar Lunar was closing in quickly. My head is scrambled, my thoughts chaotic and animalistic. Briefly, I was able to get my head above the ocean of madness to grasp the name that came to mind.

Tsar Lunar?

The name was familiar — it sat right on my tongue as though I knew him personally. My attention shifted away from the random name that popped into my head and onto my current circumstances.

A heavy breath escaped me as I attempted to wiggle: at that second, the heavy chains became apparent. My being was chained to a tree.

A growl was beginning to force its way up my throat, but the sound was frozen as my gaze darted around and caught a familiar sight.

Aro, Caius, Felix, Demetri, Alec, and Santiago stood huddled around a phone.

While I was angered at the thought of them putting me in chains, I also understood. The full moon was a scary time to be around a werewolf, especially when my mind was not all here.

They had yet to notice my conscious state and all looked rather... frazzled.

My vampire mate, a man that I had only ever seen looking put together and the epitome of perfection actually looked frazzled. If I did not know that he was incapable of sleep, I would say that Caius appeared to need a serious nap.

He was missing his jacket and tie to his suit. The expensive black collared shirt was unbuttoned toward the top revealing milky pale skin that had me swallowing. It was half untucked from his black dress pants.

His hair was also on the messier side, the long tresses appeared as though he had run his hands through it multiple times which gave it a slight wave that was not normally present. Caius well... he actually appeared quite hot.

It caused a fire to open up in the pits of my stomach.

It made sense, after all, if it was my more animalistic side that was being forced out because of the moon and Caius is my mate... well... I shivered hoping that I did not get too weird with him.