F I F T E E N.

[ Chapter Fifteen—a tour with some drama ]

—————

"So your name is Demetri? The tracker extraordinaire that I have heard so much about?" I questioned while giving jazz hands.

Aro was long gone, and the library appeared to be empty other than Demetri and I. Demetri himself looked taken aback, the vampire tilting his head. However, a smirk crossed his features and an arrogant look came into his eyes.

"So that's what they call me behind my back, huh?"

"No bitch, I was being sarcastic," I rolled my eyes, forcing my mind to leave thoughts on everything Aro just told me about the past of werewolves.

It was a lot to think over and made many different emotions whirl alike to a storm within. They were also emotions that I currently did not feel like dealing and sorting through.

Demetri's smirk was wiped off his face in an instant, a scowl replacing it.

"Quite a vexing female aren't you?" Demetri said with a tight smile causing me to adorn my own look of offense.

Placing a dramatic hand over my chest, I gave the vampire a look a though I could not believe what he said.

"Are you actually assuming my gender?" I decided here and now that I would not make Demetri's day easy. "How dare you?"

Demetri was speechless, his jaw hanging half-open. He blinked after a moment, looking confused himself.

"Pardon?"

"That is seriously like not okay, but I guess I can find it in my heart of hearts to forgive you," I deadpanned, trying my hardest not to allow a smile to break out.

Demetri truly looked at a loss. Picking at my nails, I made it a point to not look at him as though I had far better things to do with my time. I needed to paint them, maybe red.

I shivered as I compared it to the shade of the vampire's eyes in this place. No, maybe blue instead, yes, a nice sky-blue will do indeed.

"Are you messing with me?" Demetri finally asked after a few moments, his strong English accent twirling throughout every word.

With a snicker, I dropped my hand and nodded. "Obviously," Demetri still looked a bit hesitant, but cracked a small grin after a moment, "and here I was thinking vampires are supposed to be smart. God, let's start the tour already, this library is making me hate reading more and more..." Demetri opened his mouth to say something but was unable to as I pushed past him and strolled out the doors.

Demetri trotted after me, continuing to look at me as though I was some foreign specimen. Pausing once we were in the large cold corridor, I rose a brow.