F I V E.

[ Chapter Five—bad girl ]

    "Whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?!" My voice rebounded around the cell in a surprisingly not-too-terrible tone of the song

I won't lie, while singing was not exactly a passion of mine, karaoke was. Karaoke was something that was literally life and if I was being honest, I might actually like karaoke more than weed. Now that was saying something.

It all started at a young age with (guess who) Bella. My older cousin, while she was never than much of a fan of karaoke, when she did it with me it like she was a completely different person. Rather than the skinny awkward teen she had been, in my eyes during our karaoke nights, she was a badass rockstar with me by her side.

It was because of this that I was able to carry a tune.

As I sang in a rocker tone of voice, I scratched my wolf nails along the concrete floor. The cell wasn't big at all, a small crappy bed on the side, a toilet and sink in the corner, and that was it. The window was heavily barred, so much so that was it daylight outside I assumed light would not even be able to get in.

Though I was unable to change into my full wolf-form outside of the full moon, as I said before I was able to do this freaky thing where I could half-transform as I so wished. Essentially, my face turned all pointy and wolfish, hair grew all over my body, my nails turned to claws, my teeth turned into incisors, and my overall body grew an immense amount of muscle which generally caused my clothes to rip.

I had only done it once and that was only because Drake and I were testing out whether I was capable of changing into the huge monstrous beast of a wolf outside of the full moon. It had been just after my first full moon when it happened.

Drake laughed so hard he actually began wheezing, while I only freaked out at how beastly and ugly I looked. So much for turning my human form hotter if I only got to look like a hairy body-builder at other times.

Eventually, after Drake stopped laughing and decided to help me, I was able to change back into my human form. Since that day I would not dare to change back into that, it was scarring and traumatic. Though I will admit it made my already flawless senses peerless while in that form.

I had a feeling that had Patrick-John proved to be more of a challenge, I would have shifted to that form.

The cop on duty to watch me and the one other man—who was sleeping—in the cells was nose-deep in his phone, which I assumed was playing Netflix. He paid me zero no attention, even as I was c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ talking to him earlier, he simply ignored me.

Giving up on interacting with the cop on duty, I opted to change just my nails into the werewolf claws and file them against the floor. Over the months of being a wolf, while I hated changing into the half-person half-wolf creature, I had learned to isolate certain parts of my body to change such as my claws or teeth or even eyes.