T H R E E.

[ Chapter Three—three looks ]

   My eyes were trained on the door, adrenaline beginning to course through my body, preparing for round two of the fight

My eyes were trained on the door, adrenaline beginning to course through my body, preparing for round two of the fight. Immediately, my eyes started to glow bright blue my teeth growing in size. Putting the phone on speaker, I placed it on the couch.

"Hello? Are you still there? Who is this?"

"The red-eyed guy is back," I muttered and yet it was somehow loud enough for Carlisle to hear.

"What?" He sounded panicked. "What is happening? Please explain—"

"He's a vampire, isn't he?" I growled lowly, my voice much deeper and more animalistic than normal.

The reply that came from the phone was drowned out by the sound of the twisting doorknob. The vampire had gotten the key and was slowly opening the door.

"Greetings," the familiar dark-haired monster smiled as he entered, though his smile looked strained and extremely angry.

"Back for round two?" I growled.

"I'll send you to hell, dog." The vampire hissed before launching at me with impossible speeds.

However, I was fully prepared and used my own speed to match his. Thunderous growls and hisses bounced around the living room, our bodies flinging through the air as we fought at top speed. I did everything in my power to keep the fight centered in the middle of the room so nothing broke.

Mom would kill me if we broke something.

"Are you alright? What's happening?" I heard Carlisle's frantic voice as the vampire managed to throw me out of the living room and into the kitchen.

Landing on my back, I wasted no time in leaping to my feet. The vampire flashed into the entrance of the kitchen baring his teeth. Turning around, I ripped open the knife door before grasping a cleaver and whirling back to face the vampire.

Chucking the cleaver with immeasurable power, the vampire let out a scream of pain as the sharp knife hit him directly in the center of the head, causing multiple cracks to appear. However, it seemed to do nothing other than to make him even angrier as he came barreling at me.

It seemed as though I had no control over my actions, it was so natural. As the vampire came, time itself appeared to physically stop as the vampire stopped mid-run frozen in time. I had no time to ponder on this anomaly though as the loudest most beastly roar erupted from within me booming around the house.

It was so loud that I had no doubt that the entire street heard it. Time started once more, the vampire barreling into me and yet as our bodies collided the sensation of something extremely warm and sticky dribbling from my mouth overcame me.

As hard as I could, I followed my instinct in sinking the razors I called teeth into the vampire's shoulder. Despite his hard coldness, I easily broke through the skin creating many cracks and earning a scream of pure pain and panic from the vampire.