19

I'm not sure how Wyatt and I made it back to his house. He held the steering wheel with one hand the entire time, running his free one all over my exposed thighs. It was an effort not to tackle him while he was driving, so when he finally pulls up his gravel driveway and puts the car in park, I'm not surprised when he tugs me into his lap.

"I'm goin' to take you on every fuckin' surface," he says. A rush of excitement twinges through my body, right to the spot between my legs. He took me right on the counter of The Starlighter kitchen only thirty minutes ago, and yet here I am, acting like a horny teenager all over again. "God, Macey, you have no idea..." He heaves out a sigh when I kiss his neck. "No idea how long I've waited for this."

It's quite the opposite, actually, but I'm not in the mood for wasting time. I don't want to have sex in his car. I want to see all of him. Every glorious inch of him without any clothing whatsoever.

"Inside," I pant breathlessly. "Right now."

He nods and wraps my legs around his waist, closing the door to his truck with his hip, and carries me up the porch steps. It's too dark to see anything, but a part of me is thankful for that. Caroline and Wyatt didn't break up that long ago, and I don't think I'm ready to see the little touches of home she placed still here.

Wyatt flicks on the lights with one hand while continuing to hold me with the other, and when I see the inside of his home, a tiny grin forms on my face. It's an open concept with the kitchen, dining room, and living room all visible as soon as you walk in, but there's not much stuff in here. There's just a couch and television with no plants or artwork hung on the walls. The kitchen seems to have the necessities, but no decorative utensil holder, towels, or anything of the girly sort.

It looks like a bachelor pad.

"You're judging it," he says with a wince. "I know it's not much, but ever since my Dad passed, I just haven't gotten around to finishing it, you know? It hasn't felt like home since he's been gone."

"No, Wyatt, I wasn't—" I shake my head, deciding to be honest. "I wasn't judging it. Your house is beautiful, I just thought that you and Caroline..."

He grips my chin and kisses me gently, so gently that my body instantly relaxes, feeling like jello. "I didn't want to move in together until after we were married. It was my decision, not hers."

"And have you brought anyone else here?" I pry, pushing my luck. "Not that it matters, I'm just curious—"

"Just you," he says sternly. His eyes meet mine, and the breath gets sucked out of my lungs. "Just you, Macey."

Never in a million years did I ever think Wyatt would forgive me or give me a second chance. A part of me feels like I'm dreaming. None of this can be real. But when Wyatt's lips press against mine again, when I get that feeling that I only have with him, I know this is reality and I'm officially the luckiest girl alive.

I'm never going to take him for granted again.

My hands wrap in his hair as he carries me into the bedroom, and the slow, lingering kiss completely vanishes. We're back to fast and sloppy, unable to get enough of each other, and I don't even pay attention to what his bedroom looks like. I'm only aware of being laid down on top of a mattress. Wyatt doesn't bother turning on a light. His tongue is licking in circles across my collarbone, and holy shit this feels amazing.

There has to be a time when we can take this slow, but right now... Right now I don't have the patience to take things slow. It's been way too long without him.

He removes his overalls, and even though it's dark in here, the moonlight casts a faint glow over that newly muscled and defined body. His lips are wet and his hair is ruffled from my fingers running through it. He looks like a goddamn masterpiece.