21

As the light seeping in from the curtains wakes me, I'm more comfortable than ever. I'm lying on a fluffy cloud of soft blankets and pillows and...Wyatt—all six-foot-three sweaty piece of him. His eyebrows twitch from whatever dream he's having, so I reach up to smooth the little v between them. He grunts and rolls onto his back, taking me with him.

Last night doesn't seem real. The man gave me six orgasms. Six. I've never been so sore, but right now, staring at this man beneath me, I'm grateful for being sore. In fact, I'm ready to go again as soon as he wakes up.

The birds are chirping steadily outside, the sun is gleaming, and the man of my dreams is in bed next to me. Nothing on earth could ruin this moment.

"Wyatt, open this goddamn door!"

Except for that.

Scrambling to my knees, I clench the comforter over my naked body, thanking the man up above that Wyatt locked his bedroom door. I would know Caroline's voice anywhere. The first time I heard it, the new girl who stole Wyatt's heart, I filed it right into my brain to ensure I remembered it. And right now? She definitely doesn't sound happy.

"Wyatt!" I hiss, elbowing him in the side. He winces and slowly blinks his eyes open. If this were any other given time, I'm sure my stomach would erupt with butterflies, but his ex is currently banging on his bedroom door, and I'm more than certain if she finds me in here I'll never get the opportunity to feel butterflies again.

"Oh, shit." His voice is groggy as he rises from the bed and searches around for his sweatpants. They had come off during round three, and when he remembers, he grabs them from where they're hanging on the bedpost and slides them on. The banging continues, and Wyatt remembers I'm here, looking panicked. "Fuck. I'm so sorry, Mace. I didn't know she'd show up."

"Wyatt, open this fucking door now!" Caroline screams.

Keeping my voice quiet enough not to be heard, I slip his t-shirt on from the floor and dart towards the closet. "You did break up with her, right?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Did you tell her it was because of me?"

Raking a hand through his hair, he gives me a sheepish grin. "Not exactly."

Great, so Caroline doesn't know that he already jumped onto someone new. Or, maybe she just found out considering how angry she sounds. There are too many questions I need to ask him, too much to figure out, but I can't ask him any of them. Not right now. Not when Caroline is about to break down the door.

"I'm going into the closet," I say in a rushed whisper. He can tell I'm annoyed, but when he reaches for me, I'm already stepping into the darkness, shutting the door behind me. It's cramped as hell from all of his clothes in here, but I can still see out from the little shutters. Wyatt opens the door, and in seconds, Caroline storms into the room, arms crossed over her chest.

"You're fucking pathetic," she sneers. "Already?"

"Caroline, I can exp—"

"Save it." She takes a step closer, pushing her long braid behind her back. "How little do you care for me? I thought I meant more to you than this." Waving at the crumpled sheets, I watch Wyatt wince. "You were saving yourself again for marriage. What the hell happened to that? Did you think Mr. Bower wouldn't see you bring her home last night? You had to figure he'd tell me."

My palms are sweating as she continues to look around the room, scanning for evidence. "Who was it?" she asks. "Let me take a wild guess. Macey?"

"Does it really matter?" Wyatt replies. "I don't think knowing who it is will make you feel any better. I broke it off with you because things weren't working out between us. I don't owe you an explanation for my choices following after we broke up."