PAST: CHAPTER 2

As I sat in front of one of the tents where our soldiers were present near the grass field, the clouds began to cover the sky, blocking out the sun. The wind was picking up as well. As I looked around, I could see that the trees were swaying and the leaves were swirling in the air. The cold was seeing in and the chill of the night was becoming more interesting. I saw a figure running through the field and quickly noticed that it was not a soldier from our camp, but one from Zorrel's.

I knew that I had to act quickly in order to catch up with him. I didn't want to alert anyone, so I slipped away unnoticed and grabbed my bow and arrow with me. After only five minutes, I found him and began to follow him. He sensed he was being followed and took off running, so I quickly aimed an arrow at him and let it fly. Unfortunately, it only hit his clothes as he darted to the side, but I kept running and soon realized I had crossed the border.

Having gotten into the woods, I
realized Zorrel is really beautiful with a dark aura. In the meantime, I took a
step backwards because I knew if they
found anyone from Sven it would
cause a conflict, and as I walked back I noticed lights between the woods.
Taking a closer look, I saw a fire
burning in the middle of the camp, and it was clear I was in the middle of a dangerous situation. As I looked closer,I noticed that the soldiers were
coming in my direction, and I realized
that if I ran, my movement would draw their attention. I started to look for a place to hide, but before I could do so, I felt a strong hand grab me and force me to stand in the middle of him and piles of wood. My scarf which I used to cover my face got blown off by the wind.

He could see my face now and I could
see the confusion in his eyes, as if he
had not expected to find a girl in this
situation. Frightened and overwhelmed, I could feel my heart
racing as he continued to stare at me,
standing far too close.

"You was the one with Qiao, right?;
could please explain why the sven's
soldier here."- he came closer to my
ears and said.

I froze, unable to form words. I wanted to run away, but my feet seemed glued to the spot. I could feel his breath on my neck as he leaned in closer, waiting for an answer. I gathered up bravery and took a small step away from him. Then, I showed him a piece of cloth that I got from the person I was trying to catch and asked, "Is this from one of your soldiers, right ?"

He tilted his head and stared at me. I kept talking about the thing until I got
here. Then he moved closer and asked, "so someone from our camp came to your camp, right?"

I nodded and he continued, "Why did
you come to this place?"

"Well I told you right, i didn't see that I  crossed the border."

He sighed and said, "You should have known better."

"They have gone now I will be heading back now",

"how", I suddenly understood that I didn't know the way to return.

He looked at me and said," I'll have to show you the way."

We started walking in silence, but
suddenly he asked -" who is Qiao to
you?"
I paused, taken aback by his question. I hadn't expected him to ask me that, and said" why do you want to  know."

He raised his eyebrows looking at me and said -" do you think I care, huh?" and smirked.

" I really want to give him a punch on his face" - in my mind and give
a look of seriously.

A little while later, we arrived at the border, but he noticed that  our soldiers were there. He made me to
crouch down together. He said, "Let's
wait here until they're gone."

"Hello....they cannot see anyone from
there, then why should we h-i-d-e her-
e?"

"Oh my god what the hell did I say to
him? I am pretty sure he will use it"-in my mind.

"Oh, is that so? They cannot see us from there" - he smirked and said

"I cannot see his smirk but I can feel it. I will rip his smirk off" in my mind

" I am going...and thanks for helping me"

"Who told you that I helped you? I don't want to make a conflict that's why."

"Oh, so you're a conflict avoider, I get it. Well, I'll just rip your smirk off and we'll call it a day!"

He stepped closer, his face is few
inches away from the mine. I didn't
scared or intimidated, but rather amused by the situation. His smirk grew wider as he said, "You're not gonna do anything, are you?"

I stepped back, shaking my head
and laughing, "You know what? Maybe I am a conflict avoider, but I'm not afraid to take a stand when necessary."

I turned back to go back to my camp, but then I stopped and turned toward him and said, "Well, I want to make it even."

I took two steps toward him and suddenly pulled his scarf out. By throwing his scarf to him as I ran to my camp, I boldly announced and winked at him , "This evens the score now that I  see your face too."

He caught his scarf with a chuckle and amazed face.

HIS POV:

I was surprised by her behavior.
Although she is somewhat clumsy, what led her to become a warrior? However. She is really brave. No one dares to get into our camp. Watching her disappearance, I walked back to the camp. I returned to the camp, searching for any signs of her story being true, but nothing stood out. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any torn dresses. Even though I didn't get any proof, I am still convinced of her story but little bit of doubt because I didn't get any proof.

END OF HIS POV: