LOVE IS AMBIVALENT

A/N POV:

Loving someone can often bring us pain during certain periods of our lives. While the pain may eventually go away for some people, for others, it lingers indefinitely. No matter how hard it may be, it is important to remember that love is still worth it.

END OF A/N POV:

I fell on the ground after hitting my hand on the ground, but it wasn't in the street, but on the footpath. After a few moments of being stuck, I realized I hadn't been hit. In contrast, when I looked around, someone was laying lifelessly in the street instead of me. I adjusted my eyes to see who it was, but when I realized who it was, my heart really shattered -" Q - Qiao".

I really wanted to speak with Qiao about our past and let him know what my relation was to him but the things I imagine won't happen anymore. I had so many hopes and expectations for the conversation and wanted to make sure Qiao knew how important he was to me. I was overwhelmed with emotion and couldn't stop the tears from flowing.I saw Yeon running towards him at the moment.

YEON'S POV:

I shouted at Aera - " Aera, watch out "

At the time of the incident, I saw Qiao pushing Aera onto the footpath, but then I saw the next thing that slowed my heart. Seeing Qiao lie in the streets with blood flowing from him, I couldn't watch him. Qiao had been hit by a car after he pushed Aera out of the way, sacrificing himself to save her.

I ran towards him. I couldn't believe what had happened. All the memories of the times we shared together came flooding back and I felt an immense sense of loss and sorrow. Tears welled up in my eyes as I realized the finality of the situation, and I knew nothing would ever be the same.

END OF YEON'S POV:

Seeing Yuen running toward yeon and Ryan coming toward me, I tried to stand properly, and Ryan caught me, as I started walking to Qiao, with Ryan beside me.

As I reached the spot, I saw Yuen crying like a mess and I didn't even see Yuen crying like this. Yeon took Qiao's hands and asked - "why did you do this? Didn't you know everything?"

Yuen started crying even more and hugged Qiao tightly. I just stayed there, not knowing what to do.

Emotionally overwhelmed, I could finally see the truth right in front of me; Yuen's love for Qiao was unconditional and pure.

I couldn't watch the scene anymore so I walked towards the garden where I saw the trio for the first time and sat on the bench. And I couldn't bear it any longer, so I covered my eyes with my hands and started to cry. As I sobbed, I could feel my shoulders shaking with each breath. Suddenly I heard soft footsteps approach me and I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Ryan, standing beside me silently.

I cried even more , at that time Ryan said -" Aera, Qiao asked a minute before this accident, do you believe in past lives and if you had the chance to rectify the mistake done in the past in this life , would you do it ?"

I looked at Ryan , as he was struggling not to cry , he offered me a phone but at the time i realised it was Qiao's phone and i took it from his hands and said -" i hope he has something to say to you ....plz check on the notes". "It's probably something important," he added gently, "so don't ignore it."

I opened Qiao's phone and took the notes and opened , started to read it-

"Aera, I hope I can rectify my mistake. Because of me you had to die. But I promise you that this will not happen again in this life. I loved being your brother, you know. I will always remember the joys and time we shared. I will never forget you, and you will always be in my heart. Thanks for being with me this time as well.

Our bond will remain unbroken."

By reading each word i felt like someone was stabbing in my heart and i started to cry even more and couldn't hold up and seeing my state and thinking of Qiao , Ryan also started to cry.
I suddenly realised how much pain I had been holding onto, and it all came flooding out.

As I keep sitting on the bench, tears streamed down my face as I accepted the harsh reality of love; Yuen was hurting much more than I could have imagined. I wanted to reach out to her, but I knew it wasn't the right time. I wanted to tell her it would be okay, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I just sat there, wishing I could do something.

" I always felt that yeon , Qiao and you always shared a special bond , didn't you?"
I looked to ryan as he spoke and I nodded on his words , understanding the connection they had. I wished I had the courage to say something to him, but I remained silent instead.

I suddenly stood up and started to walk , " where are you heading , at this hour?" It was almost 7 pm.

"Ryan, go back. I will come back soon."

I rushed to the beach to find the vagabond and i saw other person standing near him and understand it was yeon. As I walked towards them, I heard the words spoken by the vagabond to Yeon.

"I didn't say that you or Aera have to sacrifice this time, Qiao has done it purposely to rectify his mistake and protect his sister and even more to have life for you both peacefully.
Qiao learned about the past after Aera discovered it a week after. He came to see me and said that he can help you and Aera by sacrificing himself and fix his mistake too. He was ready to do this, even if it meant giving up his own life, in order to make things better."

Once I reached there, Yeon looked at me, and I could not help but cry even more after hearing what the vagabond said. Yeon hugged me and said "everything is gonna be okay, don't worry about Qiao but he had his reasons to do that."
He comforted me with such warmth and understanding that it made me feel secure in his embrace.
As I looked into Yeon's eyes, I could see the same sadness I was feeling, yet he was still able to remain strong for me.

I asked with my trembling lips - "what about Yuen, is she okay?"

He shook his head and said -" she returned home , Give her the space and time she needs," he added firmly.

"Don't worry, she will come back stronger," he assured me. I nodded, unsure of what to say. He gave me a reassuring smile and we left the place.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Almost seven months have passed since the incident, and everyone has moved forward with their lives, but still misses Qiao deeply.

"Some stories end well, but some stories will also turn upside down. Qiao's and Yuen's stories have never begun, but their story has ended. Life is a wild ride, and you never know what twists and turns will happen - until you reach the end." - While I was lost in my thoughts, Yeon , Ryan and Yuen approached me, and Yuen said - "Aera, let's go, our work is done."

I shook my head and walked with them on a chilling night.At that point, Yeon held my hands intertwined and passed a smile . Warmth filled my heart, and I felt secure with him. His embrace made me feel secure and loved; I wanted to hold on to it forever.
As I walked with them, I realized I was very fortunate to have a caring friend like Yuen, a special partner like Yeon, an understanding friend like Ryan, and a person who willingly sacrificed his life for me. Except for the part about sacrificing his life, I thought the rest of it sounded like a pretty sweet deal!
AND WE HAVE TO MOVE ON...

A/N'S POV:

Nothing can change fate. Whatever is coming to our lives, we must accept it regardless. Pain is a part of all beautiful ends , So just wait and see what fate has in store for you.

A/N'S POV: