Stuck In the Middle

Stuck In the Middle

JOSIE ENTERED the paramedic's house, she had almost slept through her alarm again, having not been able to sleep from the nightmares she had, it was the same one that she had almost every night after a stressful day, it was all flashes and she could never truly remember what actually happened, they had one thing in common though, the sound's of thunder and rainwater. 

"Hey, Jo," Levi says to her, she gives a smirk at him. "Hey Rookie, did you save me a donut?" She asks him, he nod's his head following her into the locker room, he looked down at the drawings in his hand. 

"Maple log and coffee with creamer." He tell's her, she smirks. "Yes, you know I might just keep you around." She joke's, he smile's. 

She opens her locker looking at his hands. "What is that?" Josie ask's him, he hold's up a orange paper with, a drawing of an ambulance, she smile's taking it from him.

"Are these all from those kid's we helped?" Josie wonders, he nods his head, he laugh's softly at a picture of a stick figure with black noodle hair. "What do you think?" Levi asks her. 

"Captured you perfectly." She joke's, he scoff's at her joke. "Uh really well then I think this one." He say's pulling out a purple craft paper, handing it to her, she could tell it was a stick figure of herself with black cryon hair. 

"Im flattered they think my hair has ever been that straight." She remark's, he shake's his head pulling out another piece of paper, he furrowed his brow's looking at her. "I think this one is for you." 

"Me?" She says with a raised brow, taking it from him, it was a picture of a stick figure boy with crutches, and next to it a drawing of what seemed to be her, next to it written in marker, Thank you Josie, my leg is better, Christopher. She smiled at the picture. 

"Wow, that's pretty sweet." She say's, this was something that she liked about her job, people, and saving lives, knowing she had done something right with her choice of career. "Made an impression on the kid," Levi comments. 

"Speaking of kids?" Josie speak's up eyeing him. "Is your fiance pregnant?" She asks him, he sighs putting his papers to the side of his leg. 

"I don't know." He tells her, she furrowed her brow as she listened to him. "She's going to planned parenthood to get a test done to see if she is being paranoid or if she is pregnant." He explain's to her. 

"That's good, and do you think that you want to be a dad?" She asks him, and he sighs heavily. "I'm not sure, I didn't have a dad growing up so I don't really know how to be one, and she said it herself she wants to have a career before we settle down for parenthood." He explains. 

"Well, Levi you seem like a smart guy so I think you two will figure it out." She tell's him, she grab's the smilely face magnet placing the picture above her own photo's. "That fit's pretty nice." She say's.