So This Is Christmas

So This is Christmas 

FREAKING LA, she grumbled as she drove through the traffic. No matter how long she has lived in the city she still hated driving in it. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Alex ask's her. Josie blinked confused, wondering on which thing she meant, realizing she had a crush on her colleague or the fight with her brother, proably the latter. 

"Uh I'm okay." Josie tell's her. 

"You came home late so I thought I might ask." Alex say's, she smile sofly. "Im fine, I swear." Josie reasure's her. 

"Not the first time me and my brother have shouted at each other." She say's to her. Their argument now is only different now because they are adults, with adult feelings and responsibilities. 

"It's just the first time you have ever seen it." Josie points out to her. She tapped the steering wheel. Alex looked over at her friend. "Where did you go last night?" She ask's. 

Josie's heart skipped a beat. "Um I just drove around for a bit, went and got a drink that's all." She tells her, knowing she was leaving out a crucial detail of last night. 

She sighed. "And...I was with someone." She admits. Alex's brow furrowed confused. 

"With someone?" She ask's, her accent sharp on her words. "Who?" She ask her. Josie gulped, hesitating on her words. 

"Uh...no one." Josie lied, Alex's eyes widen at their hesitation. "Josie, seriously?!" She exclaimed in frustration. 

"It wasn't no one if you are hiding it from me." The blonde points out, she shrugged her shoulders.  She moves her ebony hair away from her face. "Jo." She urges. 

"It was Eddie1" She say's. Her blue eyes widen excited at the new's. She smiled pumping her fists. "Yes! I knew it!" Alex shouted excited. 

"It's about time." Alex said gleefully. She furrowed her brow's.  "What are you on about? nothing happened." She stated. 

"So you just had some drinks and nothing happened?" She wonder's. Josie's breath hitched in throat at the question. That is technically what happened to anyone else.  "Yes..I think." She hesitates. 

Alex smirked. "So do you like him?" She wonder's. 

"I dont know." Josie answered honestly. It wasn't like she could act on her feelings, he couldn't feel the same way about her, he was married and there wasn't a chance he would ever do something to sabotage the relationship with his son. 

"Well tell me when you do know." Alex says to her. Josie chuckled shaking her head. The traffic passed her by as quickly as she kept her speed.  

"Sorry im leaving you with your brother, do you think you will be okay?" She ask's her.