Star • Melissa Barrera - Brittany O'Grady

Melissa Barrera as Vanessa Davis

Brittany O' Grady as  Simone  Davis

Genre: Musical, Drama, Romance

October 2, 2000

Simone's POV

In that somber moment, the room grew heavy around me with fear. The melodies that we sang freely from our hearts now quivered in the air, overshadowed by the venomous presence of our abusive father. Vanessa's voice tremble with determination as she dared to defy his oppressive authority.

"One day," She cried out, her voice quivering but resolute, "we'll be famous, and we'll leave this house behind!" Her words hung in the air, a fragile promise of hope, before being abruptly shattered by the force of our father's hand, slicing through the silence.

The sharp sting of his slap left an echoing mark on Vanessa's cheek, and pain resonate in my heart. We were just two little girls. I was five and Vanessa was nine. Tears streamed down my face, realizing the harsh reality of our existence.

August 23, 2013

13 Years later

In the small town of Las Paredes, California, my sister Vanessa and I shared a profound bond that forged through the trials of our tumultuous childhood. Growing up with an abusive father, our lives was overshadow by fear and despair. However, amidst the darkness, we found solace in our shared dream—to become stars.

Our hearts brimmed with a passion for singing, a talent we had nurtured secretly in the confines of our tiny bedroom. Now, as my eighteen birthday came around, we vowed to escape this place.

Silently, under the moon's gentle glow, my sister and I moved with determined grace, our hearts pounding with both excitement and trepidation. It was late at night, and our abusive father lay passed out on the living room sofa, drowned in a haze of alcohol.

With hushed whispers and careful steps, we packed our belongings, knowing that this was our chance to escape the suffocating grip of our painful past. Each item we placed in our bags carried the weight of our dreams, a symbol of the new life awaiting us in New York. With every careful movement, we ensured not to disturb our father, our hearts brimming with hope, as we prepared to slip away into the night.

( Simone)

( Simone)

I felt the breeze welcome me,

we're finally free.