The Lost Flowers of Alice • Alycia Debnam Carey

a/n: one-shot inspired by obviously the tv series " The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart " and the book 'Floriography' by Jessica Roux :)

The delicate dandelion swifts its whispers across her laying body

Tears drop down her cheeks, drowning in whimpers.
-oh charlie, the punches do deliver.-

The pain twitches... twitch....twitch.... twitch.

Closing her eyes, she makes a wish.

-Oh, Dandelions. Has love died? -

- I just want to be happy, and put all these aside.-

Two years ago, Alice ran away from her abusive boyfriend, Charlie. It was terrifying, but she finally  had the courage to do so. She went to the only place she knew too well. Her old town where she grew. Alycia settled with her parents there, and told them everything she went through with Charlie.

However, Charlie found Alice easily and did everything in his power to bring her back home. Sadly, he overdosed on alcohol one day, longing for her, and eventually died alone.

With all the trauma Alice went through, she had a hard time connecting with other people. That was until she met you.

A year later....

Buttercup
( Ranunculus )
Meaning : You are radiant with charm

You two met when she volunteered to work at a field called Hawthorn. Alice was really good at taking care of flowers, and had a vast knowledge of them, which made them station her in the blossom terrain. A field where all types of flowers were grown. You volunteered there too, so eventually that's how you two got acquainted.

" What about this one? Do you know the meaning of it?," You asked her, slowly grazing your fingertips against the delicate cloak of golden petals of the buttercup flower. A radiant beauty which seemed to reflect the sun rays with its ethereal glow.

" I do," Alice smiled, her own fingertips joining you to caress its pedals. " Scientifically known as the ranunculus, the buttercup flower means radiance with charm," She happily began to explain. " - It originated from the victorian era. Children would hold a buttercup under their chin and check to see if a yellow reflection appeared on the skin. If the radiant glow appeared, then the bearer loved butter!," Alice enthusiastically added, yourself being impressed by her expertise.

" Wow, i'm very swayed, Alice. Very good," You smiled, before adding, " - and if you pair a buttercup with a cowslip flower, it means to show a newfound affection." You pointed out, a glow in Alice's eyes reflecting how happy she was in the moment.