Butterflies • Elizabeth Lail

Plot: Beck is head over heels for you. Now, her gay best friend, Joe, is helping her gather the courage to call you and confess the feelings she's been having for you.

Beck's anxiety is palpable as she lays down on her bed, her mind consumed by nerves. Joe, her trusted confidant and gay best friend, lays beside her , offering his support.

"You've got this, Beck. It's now or never," Joe reassures her.

However, Beck's uneasiness is evident in her trembling words, betraying her lack of confidence. "I'm not ready, Joe. What if I mess it up?"

Joe, sensing her hesitation, retrieves his phone and extends it towards Beck, a silent gesture urging her to take the leap. "Just tell her how you feel. You've been holding onto this for too long. Don't let your anxiety win." he encourages, the weight of his words loaded with genuine support.

Beck accepts the phone, "What if she doesn't pick up?" she whispers, her voice barely audible in the hushed room

" Then you leave a heartfelt voicemail. You got  this, sweetpea." he murmurs, his eyes fixed on her, filled with a blend of anticipation and empathy.

She hesitates for a moment, but sooner or later, she's dialing your phone number.Joe watches on, emotions dancing across his expression—nervousness mingled with hope—he sure wants them together.