𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞.

murphy's law; ❛ GODDESS ❜ ⤞ the one hundred
❝It belongs to your so-called best friend❞

murphy's law; ❛ GODDESS ❜ ⤞ the one hundred❝It belongs to your so-called best friend❞

Sep. 23 2149

It had been almost a week since the death of Atom and the murder of Callum Hays.

Despite that, the camp was thriving. Due to the fear of an attack from grounders, there had been a skyrocket in food and work ethic.

The pain I felt sucked but the threat of also being murdered at any given moment was a distraction

I had spent the first couple of days in my tent, everyone respected my wishes aside from someone making sure I ate at least once, it was usually Wells or Monty.

When I first saw Wells, we embraced in a moment of silence as we cried over our brother.

On the third day I finally had the energy to get up I dragged Octavia out of the camp.

We were at a river we found last week, it was quiet and peaceful, exactly what I needed.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, feeling the sun on my skin and the gentle breeze in my hair.

Octavia splashed me and I splashed her back, the two of us goofing off like we used to on the Ark.

It's moments like these that make me feel like there is hope for us on the ground.

On the sixth day, Monty and I were working on the wristbands. Well- Monty was working on the wristbands.

In the words of the wonderful me, I was "keeping my favorite person company"

I uncontrollably laughed before I could even get my joke out and Monty sat regretting his life decisions.

"Wh-what," I began to laugh, "what did the blanket say, as it fell off the bed?"

Monty closed his eyes and counted to five trying not to murder his best friend.

"What did he say, 1?"

"Oh sheet!"

I then laughed so hard I couldn't breathe and was in pain for the next five minutes as Monty rubbed my back.

Everything was going to be just fine.

It had now been a week since everything had happened and it was, as normal as it could be.

I have my arm looped with Jaspers as Octavia has the other.

"Look, we're already there. Just a few steps, okay? One foot in front of the other." Octavia says as we help Jasper walk outside for the first time since the accident.