☆-Controlling-☆

✯5✯
。⁠*゚⁠+_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_。⁠*゚⁠+

◍"You're a good friend Kusuo."◍

Saiki's Pov

My goodness, can you believe it? I was skipping class just to save a girl that I didn't even like. And I had no idea why I keep having to reassure myself that I was only doing this for the coffee jelly.

I walked over to her school and saw her trying to climb the wall to get out. I unconsciously smiled at the sight. "You look stupid."

(Y/n) flinched when she heard my voice and almost fell. "Shut up and help me!" There was nobody in the area, so I used telekinesis to bring her towards me.

When I put her down she started to brush the dirt off of her uniform. Her hair was a mess and she also had a little bit of dirt on her cheek.

My staring caught her attention and she stared right back at me.

It stayed like that for a little bit. But not in a awkward way, it was just comfortable silence.

"Let's... go before someone sees us." - "Oh right I forgot.."

We began walking away from her school and she hugged my arm. I was starting to get use to that. "(Y/n)?" - "Hm?" - ".... You look like shit." - "... I can't stand ugly prostitutes like you."

Despite her harsh comments, she took one hand off of me and began to fix herself anyway. She's still like how she use to be. Which is... a relief.

"I don't ever want you to change.." - "Huh?"

'Exactly, huh? What the hell am I even saying?'
"What I meant was... Let's go to a cafe. You can get me the coffee jelly that you promised." She pulled herself away from me and clasped her hands together in excitement. I then suddenly got the urge to bring her back closer to me.

"That's a great idea! Who knew you could be so smart?" That urge quickly disappeared when she made that silly comment. "Says you. I bet you're still clumsy-...!!" My eyes widened at what I just realized, (Y/n) noticed and worry began to paint her face.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"
"(Y/n)... She's following us." All the color drained from her. That worried look was replaced with complete fear.

"I'm sorry- I wasn't paying attention and-"

"It's not your fault, don't say sorry. I'm sure everything will be fine, let's just... act like she isn't there!" Even though she was saying that, she was practically shaking. That made me wonder if her mom being controlling was the only thing that happened.

We continued walking, but 2 minutes later, we heard a voice from the distance yell. "Hey, stop walking!"

(Y/n) flinched but I grabbed her hand and continued walking. The voice became more angry and impatient. "I SAID STOP WALKING! (Y/N), LISTEN TO ME OR ELSE!"

(Y/n) squeezed my hand and tears started to well up in her eyes. Apart of me wanted to get (Y/n) out of there and another wanted me to stop walking and tell her mom to repeat what she said.

"THESE LITTLE-" The woman came running towards us. I pulled (y/n) towards me and teleported to my room.

(Y/n) was hugging me, her face buried into my chest and her hands were gripping onto my shirt while shaking. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her as she soundlessly cried.

"Saiki..... I'm so sorry for getting you into my family problems again.. I should've just went with her right? Thanks to me she's gonna cause you trouble. I'm so so sorry..." She continued to sob as I rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

"No... None of this is your fault. And don't worry about her 'causing trouble', there's nothing she can do to you anymore. Okay...?" She slowly nodded and her grip on my shirt loosened.

"What other things did she do to you?... !" Oops... I accidentally asked that out loud. But it was now or never.

"..When I didn't do what she said... She use to make me walk on shards of glass. And would threaten to kill herself.."

I was speechless.. hearing that made me regret not trying hard enough to stay with her in the past. 'I regret not noticing the red flags from the start.

That sick and twisted woman hurt two people that I care about dearly, yet she's still roaming around freely. I want that to change.'

My train of thought was interrupted by the sound of (Y/n)'s sniffling. "... Are you okay...?" She nodded, her head while still leaning on my chest.

"I am now, thanks to you... You're a good friend, Kusuo..." I paused for a minute before resting my head on top of her's.

"You too."

✧Sun 21/05/3023