☆-Memory-☆

✯12✯
。⁠*゚⁠+_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_。⁠*゚⁠+

◍"I'd rather not think of it that way..."◍

Saiki's Pov

"Ku! They left us here alone!!"

"We're alone so why are you whispering?"

"Oh." What crime could I have possibly committed to be forced to stay with her?... I'm sure my parents just forgot us here, but that doesn't make it any better.

She then clasped her small hands together and smiled. "Do you wanna play a game?"

"No thanks."

"..Dooo youuu... Wanna watch tv?"

"No." She huffed and folded her short arms. Her chubby cheeks became even chubbier due to her frown. "Then what are we going to do before your parents come back???"

"Nothing." She seemed to have gave up, laying back into the couch, next to me. A moment of silence was at play before she ruined it again with her voice.

"....I saw something today, wanna try it?" I was sceptical. "What is it?"

"You have to agree before I tell you what it is!" Now I was more skeptical, but also just as curious. "That doesn't make any sense but sure-" Before I could even finish my sentence properly, she quickly kissed me on the cheek. I flinched back and stared at her in shock, my face getting more pink by the second, only to see her giving me her usual bright smile.

"I saw two grown ups do it on my way to school! I figured that it'd be better to show you than to.... Explain..."
(Y/n)'s voice trailed off and I knew exactly why.

My mom was standing not too far away from us with her hand over her mouth, shocked about what she just witnessed. She honestly didn't know how to feel about the situation, but she was mostly happy and excited. "Oh my goodness... Uh..."

(Y/n) looked between me and my mom, wondering why the both of us were acting so strange. "...Did I do something wrong?.."

"Definitely."

"Well I don't get it! What's wrong about what I did? And why are you two being so weird about it??" She looked at me with a pleading look, not fully understanding what she did wrong. Suddenly my mom spoke. "(Y/n), sweetie... Where did you learn that from?..."

"I saw it on my way to school!... Is that wrong?" While my mom was hesitant to answer, I spoke up.

"Yes. You kissed me." I state as the blush slowly but surely disappeared from my face.

"And what does that mean?" Yare yare. I know this girl is a child but it gets frustrating sometimes when you have to teach someone dumb and clueless.

"It's something people do when they're in love." A blush crept up on her face and she looked down in embarrassment. "Oh... So does this mean that I accidentally confessed my love to you?!" I scrunched up my face at the thought. "I'd rather not think of it that way..."

"Ku! Don't make that face at your girlfriend- friend!!"

"She's not my girlfriend." (Y/n)'s small face turned to an even more vibrant shade of pink due to my mom's silly comment.

'Yare Yare... Why me?'

☆_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_☆

'Out of all memories, why did it have to be that one?' I sat at my desk, trying to snap out of it and pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Due to my somewhat odd behavior, I was getting worried glances from my "friends".

Well... Who wouldn't be worried? I was a blushing mess in the middle of class and I was deeply staring at my desk.

I kept getting this nagging feeling that I was missing something... No, that not it. I miss something... Someone. But that's just my body playing tricks on me. What I do know for a fact is that I wanted to be out of here as soon as possible.

I hate drawing attention to myself, but this feeling is unbearable. I raised my hand and the teacher noticed. "Yes Saiki?"

"May I use the restroom?" She sighed before nodding. "Yes.. go ahead." I then stood up from my seat, ignoring all the eyes on me, and walked out of the classroom.

As soon as I closed the door, I just stood there, my mind completely blank besides the thoughts of everyone else. 'Does she have another psychic ability that I don't know about or something?! Why the hell would she mess with me at school?? This won't do.' I frustratedly sighed before making my way to the bathroom.

When I got there, I almost immediately used my powers to see what she was doing. To my surprise, she was sleeping, in the middle of class. And for some odd reason, seeing her peaceful face put me at ease. 'Well I guess I can no longer suspect her... Unless she's faking it.'

Deep down, I could tell that she wasn't really responsible for what was happening. But I still wanted to pin the blame on her because why not.

I stopped and sighed once more, leaning against the door and closing my eyes in frustration. 'What is happening right now?..'

✧01/07/2023