☆-The Unexpected-☆

✯17✯
。⁠*゚⁠+_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_。⁠*゚⁠+

◍"But... Don't worry! We'll be friends forever, no matter what they say!"◍

Third Person

That night, Saiki eventually moved to his bed, but he still tossed and turned. He was unable to go to sleep, due to that unshakable worry he felt. It felt like something was tugging at his heart to go look for her. Guilt washed over him in waves as he thought about how he wasn't doing much to look for her.

I mean, she was his girlfriend for Christ sake, he should've been turning the world upside down just to look for her.

But despite all those negative feelings, something was keeping him here, something in his mind was telling him not to go. Kusuo had no idea which thought to listen to.

After a few more minutes, he eventually sighed and sat up. 'I can't believe I'm even hesitating on something so obvious.' The teen spat at himself. He took off his limiter, crossed his eyes, and pictured (Y/n) in his mind, looking to see where she was.

He was surprised to see that it actually worked, as he could see (Y/n) standing in a forest, with her head hung low.

Kusuo sighed in relief, now knowing that she's unharmed. But that relief soon turned into confusion.

She was wearing her work uniform, and she seemed to be getting yelled at by someone. "So what? You think this is something kind of movie?! You think that you could run away and hide with your little boyfriend?!?! I gave you a task! I EXPECT YOU TO FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS!!!"

It was an oddly familiar man's voice. Kusuo boiled in anger as he heard the man's aggressive tone, he was even more mad when he saw (Y/n)'s expression.

She kept a straight face, but he could see the hurt in her eyes, she looked as if she was going cry at any moment.

"I'VE GIVEN YOU FOOD, PROTECTION, A PLACE FOR YOU TO CALL HOME, AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?!?! I ASK YOU TO DO ONE THING, AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT! THIS IS REAL LIFE, YOU'RE NOT A FUCKING BABY!!! GROW UP!!"

What was this guy's deal?? Kusuo was about to teleport there, but he froze at the man's words. "IT'S KILL OR BE KILLED. YOU THINK HE'LL STILL "LOVE" YOU IF HE FINDS OUT THAT YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO HIM?!?! SERIOUSLY, HOW NAIVE ARE YOU?!?"

'... What?'

"YOU THINK BECAUSE HE SHOWS YOU A BIT OF KINDNESS, THAT HE'LL ACCEPT YOU FOR WHO YOU ACTUALLY ARE?!?! YOU'RE QUITE LITERALLY NOBODY!! I'D BE SURPRISED IF HE DOESN'T KILL YOU FIRST HONESTLY-"

"SHUT UP!!!" (Y/n) blurted out. Her fist were bawled up, and tears were flowing down from her eyes, she gave the man a death glare. Saiki didn't know what to do, he was confused, angry, and even more confused.

"JUST SHUT UP OKAY!! YOU CAN'T JUSTIFY WHAT YOU DO! YOU'RE PSYCHOTIC AND JUST FUCKING WEIRD!!! YOU DON'T THINK I KNOW THAT HE'S GOING TO LEAVE ME?! YOU DON'T THINK THAT I FEEL TERRIBLE FOR LYING TO HIM?!?! YOU BEING IN PAIN BECAUSE OF HER DEATH, DOESN'T JUSTIFY KILLING HIM." Suddenly, the man slapped (Y/n) across the face.

Kusuo was pleading to come to her aid, but something was nagging him to stay where he was.

He wasn't dumb, he knew they were talking about him. But the topic is what made him confused. He stopped using his powers and looked down at him lap, this was all too much to process.

'... This is giving me a headache... I have two questions; Who was that man? And what the fuck were they talking about?'

Kusuo put back on his limiter and pinched the bridge of his nose.

He felt foolish. To think that someone like him would genuinely find happiness. His mind kept replaying what the man said; '"I'd be surprised if he doesn't kill you first"... Hah...'
How dumb could Saiki be? Ever since that day they reunited, Saiki knew something was off... But he didn't want to think of that tragic day ever again.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_
Saiki's Pov

"Heh, well you promised! So now you have to come to my house today!" It was a day like no other. (Y/n) was grinning at me, lying about how I promised something stupid, and I was dreading being near her.

Her parents hesitantly decided to let us walk to school together, so we were doing just that.

Her smile slowly faded as she looked at me. "Kusuo... My mom and dad don't like you very much..."

"I know." It didn't really bother me that they disliked me, what bugged me was their stupid reason of their hatred. They didn't like me because I'm a psychic. Which was stupid, because their daughter was one as well.

"But... Don't worry! We'll be friends forever, no matter what they say!" Even though I was a child at the time, I still knew that there was no such thing as "forever"... But she didn't, and it made me want to protect her in a way.

"Sure."

"Ooo! Another promise!" It was honestly amusing to see her mood change so quickly. Her small face was so... Mesmerizing. The way she would look at me and smile. You couldn't find that anywhere else. A slight hint of blush appeared on my face as I turned my head away from her.

Everyday I spent with her, she took over my thoughts little by little. She made me feel ordinary... She made me feel whole.

I was too busy trying to think of something else, that I didn't realize that she stopped walking to tie her shoe. Suddenly, I heard screech and a crash behind me.

Bystanders screamed and yelled as I turned around. My eyes widdened in shock and terror when I saw (Y/n) in the road, bleeding out. My heart dropped.

I rushed to her aid and held her in my arms. Blood was gushing from her head, and her leg was broken in three places. Her breathes were shallow as she looked at me with her eyes barley open.

A drip fell on her cheek 'Wha...' I was crying... I was unknowingly crying.

I had to fix her. I had to fix her fast... But... Everyone was watching. If I healed her, everyone would know that I'm a psychic... There were so many people...

I then was stuck with a devastating ultimatum; Save her life and be found out, or let her die and live a quiet life...

I think you know which one I choose.

A part of me died that day.

It was on the news, and when her parents found out, her mom slapped me. She yelled at me and told me that I was a freak... And that I killed her daughter because of my bad luck. They then moved away after having a small and private funeral for (Y/n).

That was the first and last day that I cried.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

... That's why my heart sank when we reunited after all that time. But I didn't wanna question it. I didn't wanna question any of it. I was just happy to have her back in my life. I was happy that she kept her promise... But I was a fool to not question something so suspicious.

All of this had caused me to remember something so devastating after all these years of trying to forget it.

I never thought that the girl I loved would be on a mission to kill me. It was... Heartbreaking. But I guess I deserved it for letting her die. I was a coward.

But the worse part of all this is... I still love her.

✧25/08/2023