Prologue

Marcus POV

Standing across the open field against the Cullens. Marcus never thought that he would have to fight against his old friend and his family. Marcus watches as his brother Aro, makes his speech about safety and the unknown. Caius itching for a fight and kills Irina after she had made a false statement to us against the Cullens.

Alice Cullen appears with her mate Jasper Whitlock. Aro has been wanting her to join us since he meet her a few months ago. She willingly takes his hand to show him something. However, they both grow confused as well as young Edward. Something has thrown them off. Something they all had no idea of. Taking a step back, Aro starts looking around, "Show yourself!"

Everyone starts shifting. Jane and Alec move towards Aro, their father figure. Caius drops back to their wives, and a few of the lower guards close in on them. Forming a protective ring.  Santiago and Afton take their spot on either side of me. Afton's hand settles on my left shoulder.  Jasper is next to Alice as all of us are moving. Edward along with most of the other males on his side, take their spot next to their mates. The wolves sniff the air before a few of them let out lite huffs. 

"Show yourself," Aro orders again.

Storm clouds gather overhead over the next few seconds. Thunder echoes and lighting strike close to where Aro is standing. Howls from the wolves fill the air as a young woman appears. Standing on top of the cliff that overlooks the valley. Her striking blue eyes cutting through us.