Chapter 8

Percy was feeling better.

Not good, just better.

He still felt like his body had been invaded by some nefarious being. He just hoped it wouldn't come true, literally. Otherwise, he should be good.

They had shifted him to a guest room in the tower. This time, Apollo had volunteered to carry him to his room. Tony had offered a stretcher or a wheelchair, but Apollo pretended to not hear him. But Percy didn't want to be treated like an invalid either, so he resolutely declared that he was fine to walk on his own, and he did it too, but Apollo kept hovering over him the whole time. If anyone else had done that, Percy would've been severely offended, but he knew that Apollo was aware that Percy wasn't totally fine.

Also, now that the fog in his mind had started to clear, he knew that he had to make it up to Apollo in all the ways he possibly could.

He was distracted by Kym and Nat bickering. They were standing near the window of his room and comparing knives.

"My knives are sharper than yours." He could see what Kym was trying to do.

"I don't think so."

"Can we put that to a test?"

Thankfully, Rhode decided to interfere. She was sitting on a chair beside Percy's bed and knitting a scarf, occasionally talking to Pepper about her work. She didn't even look up from her knitting to tell Kym.

"Kym! No fighting with Percy's friends."

"But Rhode, they are the Avengers, they're basically known for fighting. Their job is fighting."

"Nobody likes doing their job for fun."

"I like my job."

"You're the only one."

"Percy and Apollo like their jobs too."

"What's your job?" Steve asked Kym. He was talking about something to Triton. They seemed to be getting along well. Oh boy, this was going to be interesting.

"Curiousity kills cats." Kym pointed her knives at Steve.

"We're not cats." (Was that Tony?)

"Are you like in the mafia or something? That'd be cool. But then don't tell us. We'll have to arrest you. Will we have to arrest them Nat?" Clint still had his gummy bears which he was secretly tossing to Percy whenever nobody was looking. But Apollo kept intercepting it. The bastard.

"They're not in the mafia Clint." Nat seemed sure.

"You don't know that."

"No offence you guys, but I'm more likely to believe that you're royalty or something with how y'all walk and talk. Not Percy though. He's normal." It was Tony who said this. Bruce and he were standing together and just watching everything unfold.

"...."

"No way."

"Which country?"

"Does that mean Percy's a prince?"

"We cannot confirm or deny anything you are hypothesising." Wow, Tri, nice save. Percy rolled his eyes.

"But we can mess with them, right Tri?" How old were his siblings again? Kym would definitely be mistaken for his younger sibling with this attitude of hers.

"You can't ask someone if you can 'mess' with them in front of them. It invalidates the intention you have towards them."

"Why does that sound dirty?"

"It does not."

"Yes, it does not, Kym." Apollo was sitting beside him in bed, occasionally checking Percy's IV and secretly feeding him Ambrosia. His siblings had seemed vary of Apollo and his intentions in the beginning, but now they just seemed relieved that Percy and he weren't fighting anymore.