Chapter 18

Anushka has been very distracted during classes the last few days. That was the case with most of her classmates too. What with the whole media showdown and conspiracy theories regarding Professor Jackson and the singer Apollo.

MIT hasn't seen such interesting days maybe EVER.

The campus was swarming with reporters from all sorts of news broadcasting networks, both regional and international. A reporter from India had even tried to interview her for her point of view on the whole issue.

As an Indian girl in America, Anushka had expected a considerable amount of craziness with the superhero shit and all. But finding that one of her Professors was possibly married to 'The Apollo' was a bit too much even for her.

Then came the latest videos featuring Piper McLean, Rachel Dare and Leo Valdez. Rachel Dare was one of her favourite climate activists. She was so badass, Anushka was absolutely in love with her attitude. If she had the tiniest but of a crush too, nobody needed to know. Her family was conservative enough as is. To learn that their daughter was bisexual would almost definitely get her thrown out of the house.

She just hoped they wouldn't force her into a marriage.

They had been calling to pester her to look into potential grooms when the latest video had been released.

A scandal that involved her favourite professor, favourite musician and favourite activist definitely took more importance than an annoying call from home. So, she had faked a network issue and had sat down to watch Leo Valdez's video playing on a local news channel.

"We want Percy to run for president. We've been asking him to do it for years, honestly.

I don't think he'll actually do it, but maybe you guys can convince him to."

Anushka had already seen a lot of rallies being held in favor of and against that. She had thought that it was only one of Dare's jokes, that president thing. But this was too much. Things were getting way too complicated. She had no idea why they were doing this.

"Essentially, we have been plotting world domination since we were children. Our legal records show various accounts of nationwide terrorism in most of our cases and many you have been pointing it out already. It's all true.

But they had all been necessary actions to eliminate out opponents. I'm sure you will all understand in time.

We have military bases in New York and California, and have lots of influence in the higher stratas of society. Just letting you know that we're here to stay, whether you like it or not. Hopefully, you will.

Thank you."

Geez, was that intense! Military bases? Influence, she can understand. They were all pretty famous people. But she was really confused regarding what exactly was happening here.

She looked at the poster on the wall in front of her. She had printed it out a few days ago, just before the scandals had begun and just after her roommate had been caught clicking the pictures. Professor Jackson stood before her class, one hand gesturing towards the board, smiling as he said something to the class.

Whatever the hell was going on, Anushka just hoped she got her professor back.

-

Apollo had only just realised what a bad idea this had been.

Everybody had gathered in the Avengers meeting room. The Avengers on one side, the gods on the other.

Even though Triton, Kym and Rhode had already met the team, they were very suspicious of them now that they had been informed about their true identities.