Chapter 22

All was silent for a moment as Chrysaor and Ares looked at the now free demigods, the child with an adult head, and the two mysterious blondes.

And then, all hell broke loose.

By the time the former kidnappees were done with their kidnappers, the ornate dining room looked even more beautiful. All the golden blood seemed to only add to the beauty of the place and Nico looked on at his fellow fighters with pride as he eyed their handiwork.

The fight increased his respect for Percy though, because if he had managed to subdue Ares when he was twelve and basically untrained, that was one hell of an achievement. Especially seeing as he was a formidable enemy for being as dumb as he was.

Once the immortal beings had been deemed sufficiently incapacitated (read: almost certainly dead), Will ran at Nico and kissed him like his life depended on it.

Nico felt like he was in heaven right then. Just like every time he kissed Will, he was transported to a world where only the two of them existed. It was pure bliss.

Nico didn't mind the public display of affection, but he definitely minded the exaggerated kissing noises that Wade was making, seated on his shoulder. He reluctantly let go of Will and turned his neck to look at the man-child seated on his shoulders.

Wade's body looked to be about 5 years old, and he was still very naked. Not to mention, the gigantic head he sported and the scar tissue covering him in its entirety. But for some reason, none of that was the weirdest thing that Nico noticed, because Wade was holding in his tiny hands a freakin bazooka.

Nico opened his mouth to ask him about the weapon when Wade gave him a mischievous grin and asked, "Would you mind having a threesome tonight? You two are super duper hot."

Nico blinked. He hadn't even begun to fathom the words that had been spoken by a guy who looked five years old, when said man was pulled to the ground, face first, as a result of the huge bazooka that he was somehow holding.

Thankfully, Wade was knocked out.

Nico picked an unconscious Wade from the floor and tossed him over his shoulder unceremoniously. Rachel walked up to them and promptly picked up the now free bazooka and expertly slung it over her shoulder.

All of them just looked at each other in awkward silence.

Meg was the first to break it.

"So.....who are you two? And why do YOU look like Annabeth and why do YOU have a British accent?"

The two blonde strangers opened their mouths to reply only for Leo to interrupt them.

"Holy shit, guys. He could be Annabeth and Percy's kid. He looks about the right age, don't you think? And maybe the blonde chick's his nanny who is secretly raising him with Percy's assistance."

Leo's theory was definitely wrong. Nico had seen first hand how the blonde girl had used what looked like a wand to cast spells at the two immortals they had fought. And the guy definitely had runic symbols on his necklace from which he took out a talking sword.

But Leo had looked hopeful with his theory. Nico understood where he was coming from. They had all seen how much Annabeth's death had rattled Percy. Not to mention the effect it had on the rest of them too. Even the camps had mourned her for months.

Percy and Annabeth had been the symbols for hope for all demigods, Greek and Roman. They had showcased what could be achieved. They had shown to the rest of them that they could have happy endings too. That not everything about being a demigod was bad. That they had chance at happiness.