Chapter 11

Thor smiled down at them and gave a broad grin.

He extended his arms and opened his mouth to speak, but was stopped when suddenly Triton appeared from behind him and said, "Why don't we move this conversation outside?"

Percy mentally asked Tri to put up a shield of Mist to cover up the mortals' view of them. Percy could do it himself, but he was saving his energy and powers for the search. With his health being so unreliable he had to conserve every bit of his powers.

Percy noted that Thor was dressed in civilian clothes. A pair of light blue jeans and a red shirt. Triton had probably run interference with his arrival to make sure he didn't jeopardize their cover.

Once they were outside and had relative privacy from the Avengers and the reporters, Thor turned to look at Percy and Apollo.

"Prince Perseus, Prince Apollo, it is indeed an honour to see you again. It appears that marital life is suiting you. You look well."

Apollo took the reigns. "Thank you, Thor. I trust you know why we have pulled you aside?"

"You wish for me to keep your existence a secret from my friends." He stated a little skeptically.

"Not our existence, per se," Percy said, "You just have to make sure that they don't find out we are gods. They shouldn't know about the existence of our pantheon. Also don't mention that you know us. Act like you're only hearing about us for the first time. Can you do that for us, please?"

"I can try, Prince Perseus." Thor still looked conflicted about it. "But I cannot guarantee that they will not find out. They are very smart and highly perceptive."

"I know, Thor. And please, call me Percy."

"You might want to know why he's here." Triton told Percy.

Thor took this as his cue to explain. "We have a demigod missing from Valhalla. Heimdall reported Greek interference in the area from where he disappeared and we also learnt from his friends that he was acquainted with you."

"Magnus." Percy said. They hadn't spoken in years. After what happened to Annabeth, spending time with him had become painful.

"Yes. Ms. Fierro insisted that she wanted to speak to you, but we couldn't grant her permission to do it in an official capacity, so I took the opportunity to schedule a visit to your city. I hope you don't mind."

"No. It's okay. Just make sure the Avengers don't find out about us. You can take their help to find Magnus. We ourselves have a bunch of demigods missing. We also know that one Egyptian magician was kidnapped too. We are sensing a connection and an investigation is underway."

"I'll come with you then." Thor said.

"Uh, it's okay." Apollo told him. "We can travel faster around here if it's just us. You might need to take extra permissions and stuff because you're not from around here and they might see it as trespassing."

"Besides, your friends might want to meet you." Percy added for good measure. He didn't know why Apollo didn't want to bring Thor along, but he was sure there'd be a reasonable explanation for that.

"Right." Triton cut in. "I'll be off now. You," He pointed at Apollo. "Make sure my brother is taken care of. Anything happens to him, I will hold you responsible and you will have to face the consequences."

"Hey!" Percy was incredulous. He was standing right there. He could take care of himself. But both Apollo and Triton gave him sharp looks.

Thor just looked very awkward. Poor guy.

"Thor." Percy addressed him as soon as Triton flashed away. "They would've seen us going out together from the building and they'll ask you what we wanted to talk to you about. What will you tell them?"