Chapter 21

Pandemonium.

That was the only word Tony could think of as he watched the battle unfold.

It was all a blur of humans and monsters. Clashing of colours and weapons.

They had followed the giant dog for barely a few steps when they were attacked by the weirdest combination of creatures and humans.

The Avengers fought valiantly, but they seemed to have surprisingly little to do. Their allies in armor had most of it handled. Even if they seemed to be about Tony's age or just a bit younger, they were all extremely light on their feet and fought like they were in their prime.

Most of them seemed like normal people fighting, but if you looked just a bit closely you'd see traces of magic.

The guys who looked like twins and the muscular woman's boyfriend ran a little too fast for it to be normal. The archer woman's quiver was always full no matter the number of arrows she used. The muscular woman's blows were a bit too powerful to be normal. Tony doubted a super soldier could punch people as hard.

The Levesque woman was a sight to behold. She fought valiantly, but all around her, gemstones glittered, floating around, catching the light of the sun, blinding her enemies and giving her openings to attack. Otherwise, they were shot towards her attackers like projectiles. Tony could see more than a few previous stones lying about after disintegrating monsters.

Levesque's boyfriend and Fierro were a different kind of weird altogether. Though they didn't seem to know each other, their powers were extremely similar. They changed shapes and morphed into various wild animals. Both of them were blurs of claws and teeth. He was sure he saw one of them turn into a swarm of bees at one point.  He figured that the hippopotamus on the battlefield was one of the too.

One of the twins wives, Katie? was definitely controlling plants. She had partnered up with the grain goddess and was attacking the monsters using plant related stuff that Tony didn't care to know.

The other gods and goddesses were helping the armored people too. The archers, Apollo was supporting them. His brother, the delivery guy was assisting the fast running ones, and the flower goddess, Persephone? was helping Levesque.

A whole spectacle of their own was Kym, Percy's sister. She had an entire block covered with a deadly hurricane that seemed to leave nothing alive in it's wake. Rhode seemed to be the only thing standing between the mortals and imminent death. The monsters apparently didn't have brains so a lot of them got torn up by Kym's storm of a mixer grinder. Every creature with a brain though, was staying far far away from where Kym was. Even the other gods and goddesses.

Tony now had some idea of why the Avengers had gotten thoroughly ignored earlier. These people were all beasts on the battlefield. Hulk looked like a playschooler causing a tantrum compared to the power these people were displaying. He understood why people would consider them gods. They definitely had the power to show for it.

Unfortunately, the opposing side seemed to have power to match. The wave of monsters and humans didn't seem to be ending. For every monster they killed, for every human they knocked out, more took their place.

Their destination, wherever it was, was not very close, he thought, but the opposing army was slowing them down. Their team was barely inching forward.

Tony had hoped that having supposed gods and goddesses on the team would ease their way a little, but that was squashed too.

Apparently, there were Titans and other gods and goddesses that were on the opposite side.

He didn't care to find out though.

Tony just saw a lot of weird ass people. He decided to follow a very simple motto. If anyone or anything attacks you, fight it. But he soon came to the realisation that the monsters and the humans in the opposing army didn't seem to pay any mind to the Avengers. It was as if they weren't deemed important enough.