Chapter 24

Percy couldn't stop from nodding when his father silently asked for permission to enter his room.

Seeing as there was no way but to face the situation, Percy looked with practiced detachment as his father walked into the room and sat at the other end of the bed near Percy's feet.

Percy was tired sure, but not tired enough to forgive his father.

"Poseidon." He said, giving a curt nod as a greeting.

"Son." His father looked older than ever. His hands seemed to want to hold onto Percy's but he was unsure if he'd be welcome to do so. "I'm sorry."

Percy kept quiet.

He wanted to know if Poseidon understood. If his father had any inkling of what Percy had been put through.

"But you must understand."

There you go.

"When we decided on the marriage,-"

Percy clenched his fists at his sides.

"I had already seen the way the two of you looked at each other."

He shut his eyes and took a deep breath.

"It was obvious that you and Apollo cared for each other."

"Get out."

"Percy pl-"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"

-

Percy didn't open his eyes until he felt warm arms wrap around him.

He leaned into Apollo's embrace and felt his head rest on strong shoulders.

"You should sleep. Get some rest."

Percy knew it was true. That interaction with his father had taken a lot out of him. Something felt wrong. He had felt entirely drained, like there was no energy left in him.

But there were bigger issues to deal with. Like the new and improved rebellion his grandfather was spearheading.

And apparently, he had a 'condition' he was yet to be told about.

"Hey, 'pollo?"

"Hmm?" Rumbled the chest he was being held against.

"There's no chance I'm pregnant right?"

That got him a reaction.

He was shoved roughly by the shoulders and held at arms length as bright glowing eyes ran over his body, pausing for a few extra seconds at his abdomen.

"Have you had penetrative sex anytime in the last two months?"

Huh?

"Obviously not, Phoebus Apollon. That was a hypothetical question. But I'm actually curious now. Can I get pregnant?"

And ofcourse he gets ignored.

"But what made you ask if you were pregnant? Are you nauseus? Do you wanna puke? Is your abdomen feeling weird or someth-"

He looked so genuinely concerned, eyes wide and welcoming, supple lips moving to form words that Percy couldn't make out.

"-ven listening? Seriously Percy, I'm trying to help here." Apollo's eyes seemed to follow his. "Ok, Wow. Your hormones are running wild for sure."

And Apollo's voice had gotten so soft and husky by then that all Percy wanted to do was jump him right then and there.

Because Apollo was right there, holding Percy in his arms and clearly looking at his lips.