Chapter 1 | New World

"Congratulations Mr and Mrs. Leywin for the birth of healthy twins!"

'So it happened again.'

I thought to myself as I tightly shut my eyes to avoid any damage to my retina, while also deciding to just listen in on the conversation to gauge my situation. After about a minute of what I guessed was the doctor checking up on us a worried voice finally spoke.

"Excuse me but... aren't babies supposed to cry?"

As the voice spoke I felt the arms of who I assume to be my mother wrap tightly around me as I heard the sheets underneath me rustle uneasily.

"Usually they do, but you don't have to worry as there are rare cases where they don't."

At the doctor's words I could hear two simultaneous sighs as the grip on my body loosened and another voice chimed in, speaking in an excited tone.

"Hello Art, Athena, can you say dada?"

And following the slightly stupid question I heard a quiet thud followed by my mothers amused voice.

"Raynolds, they were just born!"

And as he quickly apologized I started to analyze his words.

'Is my name Art? No, it's probably short for something. Or wait, am I a girl?'

Despite my almost emotionless state I still didn't like the thought of switching genders and decided to just label myself as 'Art' for now.

'I guess only time will tell...'

...

{Timeskip - 1 Year}

It's been a year since I started my third life and I've learned quite a bit about my new world. The most notable thing that I learned was the fact that I was able to find out that I was no longer in the world of Eden, but rather in a new world on a continent called Dicathen.

This world was similar to Eden in the sense that it was a world with magic, sword fighting, and monsters, but different in the way that the magic system for both humanoid and monster life were simplified to the point of not needing any rune knowledge to use spells.

'Not that I knew anything about runes to begin with.'

However, despite not needing runes to use spells I could vaguely tell that someone who knew the rune language would have a much easier time casting larger spells even in this world because of their higher understanding of mana.

Another thing I could infer from my past year was that the natural mana that the world produces is considerably less pure but also dozens of times more abundant allowing for one to make up for the quality loss with quantity.

Overall the world shared many large similarities when compared to Eden that I could adapt to life here pretty quickly, and I even surprised myself when I started to regain small bits of my emotions.

And although what I felt was miniscule compared to what I felt before I lost everything, it was still a start considering that just a year ago I ruthlessly killed millions of people without feeling a thing.

'But is this really how a 1 year old baby should act?'

Currently I was watching my sister, Athena, as she pulled a book off a relatively high shelf and began to flip through its pages at a fairly quick pace.

Unlike my parents I wasn't so blind by my affection for my cute little sister as to ignore the fact that most of her actions were far replaced from how a normal baby girl should act.

'She's probably a reincarnator too.'

It was a fairly easy conclusion to come to, but it didn't really affect me since I too was reincarnated.