Chapter 11 | Reunion (Part 1)

{3rd POV}

Knock!*
Knock!*
Knock!*

In the middle of Xyrus city's merchant district, a young boy who appeared to be in his early to middle teens knocked loudly on the double doors of a rather large mansion.

This was Arthur Leywin who, after 7 years, was finally going to reunite his family.

After he finished knocking there was a short silence followed by the door opening to reveal an older maid who examined him with a curious expression before asking.

"Hello young man. Can I ask what business you have with the Helstea's?"

Arthur took a split second to size up the maid himself, before giving a slight bow of respect and responded.

"My name is Arthur Leywin, seven years ago I was separated from my family whom I believe to be taking residence with the Helstea's."

The maid who heard Arthur's words looked at him with a scrutinizing gaze before speaking to him in a disapproving tone.

"From what I've heard the Leywins first born fell off an almost two hundred meter cliff. Frankly there is absolutely no possibility of his survival, and I'm going to ask you to leave lest you cause any of the Leywin's trauma to resurface."

'This bitch-'

Hearing the words of the maid, Sylvie cursed her over our bond and looked like she was going to mawl the maid, only to be stopped when Jasmine cut in at an attempt to salvage the situation.

"As impossible as his survival is, I can serve as someone who can verify his identity."

The maid turned her rather rude gaze from Arthur to Jasmine as she looked at Jasmine with a raised eyebrow.

"And you are..."

Jasmine frowned and pulled out her adventure's license, before showing it to the maid.

"Jasmine Flamsworth, a former member of the Twin Horns who was with the Leywin when Arthur fell off the cliff."

Seeing the intricately designed blue and white card the maid's entire body stiffened as she started to understand that the person in front of her was one of, if not the, most powerful person in the entirety of Dicathen.

"I-is that s-so. I-I'll go get Mrs. L-Leywin right awa-"

Shatter!*

Before the maid could finish her sentence, the sound of glassware shattering resounded throughout the mansion's entryway, shortly after followed by a voice.

"M-my brother?"

...

{Arthur POV}

"M-my brother?"

Hearing the voice behind her, the maid took the liberty to step out of the entryway to reveal a young asure eyed auburn haired girl, as she stared at my figure in disbelief.

'Hena...'

Despite my sister's frozen state I didn't say a word as she examined every aspect of my face.

And then...

Thump!*

Her form flicked out of existence before reappearing in front of me with open arms as she wrapped her arms around me.

'Warm.'

Athena's comforting embrace then lasted for what seemed like hours as I noticed my shirt getting soaked with her silent tears, and in an attempt to comfort her I placed my hand on her head and whispered.