Chapter 9 | 7 Years

{Time skip - Seven Years}

{3rd POV}

In an extremely large but extravagantly decorated hall, six people, the kings and queens of Dicathen, sat quietly around a circular table as they seemed to be in deep contemplation over something.

"Before we even consider the possibility of waging war on a continent we only just learned existed, I believe we should fully assess our own capabilities first."

As all of them were considering the opportunities and threats that the new continent posed, the Elven King, Alduin Eralith, spoke up in a stern tone as his gaze alternated between the other monarchs.

"I'll have to agree with Alduin. Considering the fact that three of the five human white core mages have completely broken from our control, it's probably best that we gain a complete understanding of our own abilities before starting a fight with an unknown enemy."

The next to break the silence was Percillia who's words confirmed the fact that not only do the humans have more white cores then both of the other nations combined, but they also have little influence of all those who reached the rank on their own.

"Excuse me if I'm stepping out of line asking this but, can you tell me which of the human white cores are the strongest? It's just that if we're going to try and recruit the independent ones won't it be better if we understand their power in regards to our own."

Shortly after Percillia's words ended, Merial spoke up as she tried to assess the threat that the independent white cores posed on their own.

In response to her question, Percillia just let out a tired sigh as she began to explain the power dynamic amongst the human white cores.

"Of the independent lances, Varay is the one who cooperates with us the most, and from what both Kaspian and Bairon had to say about her strength, we can assess that Varay alone could easily beat if not kill both of them at the same time. And if we were to compare the time it took for each of them to reach white core as well as Varay's strength from when she was in the academy, then we can assume that Charlotte is likely stronger than Varay by quite a significant amount."

As she reached this point Percillia paused and this gave Dawsid time to ask a question as he spoke with mild amusement.

"So considering Bairon's own strength which I'm sure we're all aware of, does that mean Charlotte is the strongest white core on the continent?"

Percillia shook her head and continued.

"While there is a fairly high likelihood that Charlotte is the strongest, we can't be sure because of the nature of the last mage, who's the first S-rank Adventure in the past six hundred years."

Letting her words set in, Percillia pulled out a set of documents from beneath the table and handed a few copies to a guard to distribute them.

"The adventurer's name is Jasmine Flamsworth, and although she's younger than all of the others, she's also the one who achieved white core the earliest at just 18.

The main reason as to why we can't be sure of her strength is because of the fact that she spends most of her time in the beast glades and only visits the adventures guild once every six months to sell the corpses of any AA to SS rank mana beast that she finds worthless."

The rest of the royals present quickly read through the documents pertaining to Jasmine, and after they finished reading them Alduin spoke up with a troubled tone.

"Is it true that despite having killed hundreds of AA-rank and higher mana beasts, she hasn't sold a single beast core?"

Percillia nodded and Alduin continued.