Chapter 18 | Passing Reunion

{Tessia POV}

'Arthur is here...'

Not only was he here, but from the fact that he locked eyes with me for at least ten seconds during the orientation, he recognized me as well.

'What do I do...'

My feelings for Arthur were by no means simple. Although he went out of his way to save me... he also unhesitatingly abandoned me saying that I was too weak to be of any use.

For the next few months after that incident, I felt wronged by the fact that he abandoned me and even slightly resented him for it. However, after some time passed, I realized just how much of a deadweight I was. It wasn't only the fact that I was unawakened, but my physical abilities were too far below the average and I had little to no practical knowledge in anything except politics.

After that realization, I made up my mind to at least learn to support myself so I'd only have to rely on myself in case a situation of similar nature ever occurred, and after my awakening when I was seven, I started spending the majority of my time into training, hoping that I would be able to catch up to him.

'Of course that's impossible.'

However, despite the fact that I was able to gain a better understanding of my own weaknesses because of his actions, I was never really able to grasp or understand my own feelings towards Arthur.

Do I think of him as an ally or friend?

I'd like to think so.

Do I love or have a crush on him?

I'm not sure.

Do I hate him?

No, not anymore at least.

If I had to describe my own feelings towards Arthur, I would say he's a human akin to a god. Despite the fact that he was only human, he was unreachable to us regular mortals, and stood alone at the apex of existence.

He was a being whose very existence bordered on perfection, but is prevented from reaching such a state because of limits he creates himself.

And because of my almost nonexistent understanding of him, I decided to just frame him as my role model. Any other emotions I had pertaining to him would be left undecided until I was given the chance to talk with him again.

'And now... I've been presented with that chance.'

...
...
...

"Hey Caera, when's our next meeting?"

I asked the navy haired girl next to me as we patrolled the campus.

"We have a meeting with the leader of the disciplinary committee in about an hour, but we're open until then."

As she was reading off our schedule, I noticed a shed of irritation in Caera's voice as her eyes flickered to look at the surrounding students.

"Is there something wrong?"

She raised an eyebrow.

"Pardon?"

I stopped for a second and locked my gaze onto her scarlet eyes.

"You seemed annoyed."

Hearing my comment she just scoffed and said.

"I personally don't enjoy getting ogled by the entire male student body when I'm trying to give a speech, frankly, I'm surprised that you're not the least bit irritated by them."

I just shrugged.

"I try not to get worked up over such small thin-"

My words paused as I spotted a confrontation between two students just a few dozen meters ahead of me.