Chapter 5

'A sword tournament... hmm... I don't want anyone to get accidentally killed, so I'll need to make a rule to use wooden swords,' Vivienne pondered, her mind consumed by the upcoming project. 'But wait, wouldn't that make the knights look less impressive? Oh no! The dilemma between aesthetics and safety.'

"Lady Vivienne?" Milo's voice interrupted Vivienne's thoughts.

"Is there something I can help you with, Sir Milo?" Vivienne inquired.

"I would like to know how the event is progressing, as we need to start announcing it soon. The knights also need time to prepare," Milo requested.

"Here are all the details I have written down so far," Vivienne handed Milo the paper to review.

"The budget looks fine, and the location you've chosen is suitable. Having the tournament in two months is fitting. Why did you decide to use wooden swords?" Milo asked.

"I was worried that someone might get seriously hurt or even killed if real swords were used. But if you prefer them to use real swords, I can change that," Vivienne replied.

"That's true. Using wooden swords is safer, especially since this tournament isn't meant to be too intense," Milo agreed.

"Is there anything else I should add?" Vivienne inquired.

"I don't think so. Oh, I heard that you took sword classes before. Do you plan to participate in the tournament?" Milo asked.

"I won't be participating. I learned sword fighting for self-defense purposes only," Vivienne answered. "How about you, Sir Milo? Are you interested in taking part?"

"I'm not skilled with the sword. I prefer using a bow and standing at the back during fights," Milo explained.

Milo's choice of weapon surprised Vivienne. In most isekai stories, swords tend to take center stage, so the idea of someone using a bow felt unusual to her. However, that didn't stop Vivienne's imagination from running wild as she pictured Milo holding the bow, poised to shoot arrows straight into people's hearts like cupid.

"I'm excited to witness Sir Milo's skill with the bow someday," Vivienne expressed eagerly.

"Likewise, I'm curious to see Lady Vivienne's swordsmanship," Milo replied.

*BANG!*

"Greetings, Your Highness, the crown prince," Vivienne and Milo said in unison.

Vivienne quickly retrieved a snack from her desk and handed it to the crown prince, while Milo gathered all the documents requiring the crown prince's approval.

"Please have this chocolate to improve your mood. As for the search, we have yet to find her. The only remaining location is the north," Vivienne reported.

"Please sign here, here, here, and here," Milo instructed the crown prince.

The crown prince gazed at the chocolate for a moment, and ultimately, it seemed to alleviate his irritability. Without thoroughly examining the documents, he stamped them as usual.

"Don't think you can hide from me forever," the crown prince warned, his words aimed at no one in particular. He left without causing any damage this time, but his departure carried an implicit threat.

Vivienne couldn't help but ponder the recent encounter. 'Was that supposed to be a thrilling scene?' she wondered. 'Being in the same location as him just made him appear like a deranged person talking to himself. Perhaps if it were written in a book or depicted in illustrations, it would have had a more captivating effect.'

Once they were certain the crown prince was truly gone, both secretaries sighed with relief.

"I never considered offering snacks to His Highness before. Now we won't have to keep changing the door. It's a brilliant idea, Lady Vivienne," Milo praised.