Chapter 14

The crown prince stormed into the workroom with an evident sour mood, a familiar occurrence to both secretaries.

"What's so special about that guy?" the crown prince grumbled to himself. "Cedric this, Cedric that. There's no way he's seeing her as just a friend."

'Is this the start of the inevitable misunderstanding phase?' Vivienne pondered silently.

"I'm going out," the crown prince declared abruptly, leaving the office.

'He barely sat down, and now he's already leaving,' Vivienne thought to herself.

"Should we go after him?" Vivienne inquired.

"I'll go after him," Milo volunteered, remembering the last time Vivienne had to endure accompanying the crown prince to the garden.

"Here are some snacks," Vivienne offered a handful of snacks before Milo departed, eliciting a laugh from him.

"Thank you for the offer. I'll be back," Milo replied before setting off.

As Vivienne continued to work on her tasks leisurely, there was a gentle knock on the door, surprising her since she hadn't anticipated any visitors that day. Opening the door, she was greeted by Ava.

"Is Apollo here?" Ava inquired.

"He just left. He had some urgent matters to attend to. I believe he'll be back shortly. If you need to see him urgently, you can wait here," Vivienne replied.

"Oh, it's alright. I'll go with Cedric instead," Ava responded.

'Unfortunate timing for the crown prince. Well, they might run into each other outside,' Vivienne thought, bidding Ava farewell.

Vivienne returned to peacefully complete her work before it was time for her to leave. Milo arrived back with a visibly intoxicated crown prince. Swiftly, Vivienne assisted Milo in settling the crown prince onto his chair.

"Drinking in the middle of the day until now. He must have been extremely jealous," Vivienne commented.

"At first, he didn't intend to go out for drinks. However, when he saw Duke Frostbourne and Lady Silverwood together, his anger got the best of him. He impulsively punched the Duke, which only fueled Lady Silverwood's anger. His Highness also said something regrettable to her. In response, she slapped him and left with the Duke, leaving His Highness in my care. As a result, he sought solace in a bar and resorted to excessive drinking," Milo explained, his disappointment evident in his voice. "Unfortunately, I couldn't prevent His Highness from consuming an excessive amount of alcohol."

'All that drama, and I missed out on it. But truth be told, I don't mind much. I feel safe here, and I'm content,' Vivienne thought.

"I don't think we can just sit back and do nothing now, Milo. The crown prince's jealousy is intensifying day by day, and he inexplicably refuses to confide in Ava about it," Vivienne expressed her concern regarding the crown prince's current state.

"I understand, Vivienne. I made a mistake by not intervening with Duke Frostbourne from the start. I'll take responsibility and do my best to mend the relationship between the crown prince and Lady Silverwood," Milo admitted.

"No, we'll tackle this together. With a month and a half left, the engagement ceremony plans for the crown prince and Lady Silverwood are already progressing smoothly. Therefore, I firmly believe we have sufficient time to address and resolve this issue," Vivienne declared with determination, ready to lend her assistance in finding a solution.

"I find comfort in knowing that you're here by my side," Milo said, a smile gracing his face as he appreciated having someone to rely on.

"I'll see if Lady Silverwood has returned to her room. If she hasn't, I may need to go check on Duke Cedric," Vivienne stated, acknowledging the need to ensure the well-being of both individuals involved.