Chapter 13

"I believe it would be fitting to include a comfortable garden seat in this area, as it is rather unsuitable for Ava to be seated on the floor. Furthermore, let's buy a lovely tea set for Ava, so she can have tea while enjoying the garden...." The crown prince talks on and on, sharing his vision for enhancing the garden ambiance.

Vivienne, diligently trailing behind, painstakingly jots down every note.

'I've never heard the crown prince speak at such length before. Normally, it's just brief responses here and there. He must be exceptionally thrilled about the engagement, going the extra mile to ensure everything is perfect for Ava. I wish I had been the one to deliver those papers, so Milo could be here instead of me,' Vivienne ponders, sympathizing with her unfortunate circumstances.

"Are you paying attention?" The crown prince turns around to verify.

"Yes, Your Highness, I am attentively listening," Vivienne responds with utmost politeness.

"Now, where was I..." The crown prince's sentence abruptly ends, causing Vivienne to follow his gaze instinctively. Her eyes land upon Ava engaged in conversation with an unfamiliar gentleman.

Vivienne's mind filled with anticipation. 'Could this person be the potential second male lead? The way he's dressed warmly suggests he might be from the north,' she mused, brimming with curiosity.

Unaware of the crown prince's fixed stare, Ava stood with her back turned to both him and Vivienne. As they drew nearer, the words exchanged between Ava and the mysterious man became audible, allowing them to decipher their conversation gradually. Simultaneously, Vivienne gained a clearer view of the mysterious man's distinct features.

With hair as white as snow and eyes shimmering like gold, the man's appearance left no doubt in Vivienne's mind that he must be connected to the crown prince in some way. As Vivienne and the crown prince drew nearer, the man's attention shifted towards them, yet he chose not to alert Ava. Instead, he gently lifted a strand of Ava's hair, planting a tender kiss upon it, and remarked, "Interesting."

'Ah, it seems the second male lead is confirmed now, considering he uttered that stupid keyword, ' Vivienne thought to herself, unable to contain her excitement. She glanced at the crown prince, only to find his expression teetering on the edge of an explosive outburst.

Stepping between Ava and the white-haired man, the crown prince makes his presence known. The man remains unfazed, while Ava appears utterly shocked to see the crown prince.

"Hello, Cousin Apollo," the man with white hair and golden eyes greets with a bored tone.

'Apollo? Who? Oh, right! It's the crown prince. I've referred to him as the crown prince so frequently that I momentarily forgot his actual name,' Vivienne thought to herself; a momentary lapse cleared up instantly. 'No surprise to see they're related. Those eyes give it away. Ah, I remember now. This must be Duke Cedric Frostbourne, His Highness' cousin residing in the north. I heard he was scheduled to arrive this evening, but it seems he must have arrived earlier than expected.'

The crown prince and the northern duke face off, their expressions locked in a tense confrontation. Vivienne senses the brewing drama and quickly steps back, ensuring she doesn't get caught up in the unfolding situation.

'The age-old clash between the northern duke and the crown prince, just as I anticipated,' Vivienne thought, relishing her snack. Her eyes gleamed with anticipation as she watched the unfolding scene, eagerly anticipating a captivating twist. 'Interestingly enough, he doesn't sport black hair and red eyes like I do. It wouldn't do to have the second male lead resemble another character in the story,' she reflected, embracing the thrill coursing through the air.