Chapter 21

'Vivienne, you finally did it. In just three months, you've accomplished everything. The wedding is tomorrow, and you're about to gain your freedom.' Vivienne gave herself a pat on the back, feeling a surge of pride as she started to have flashbacks of all the challenges she had overcome during the past three months.

Vivienne's Annoyance Number 1...

The High Priest suggested, "Let's have the wedding take place at my church. It is grand and would befit Goddess Ava's prestige."

"No, we are going to have the wedding take place in the royal family's personal church. Not only that, the church you are staying in is too far away. Ava would be too tired to travel that far," the crown prince countered.

"But the royal family's church is not only smaller but also less beautiful than the church I work at," the High Priest persisted.

"I am the groom, so I get to decide where I want to have my wedding," the crown prince asserted.

"Goddess Ava is the bride too, so you need her opinion as well," the High Priest emphasized.

The two handsome men looked at Ava, who seemed surprised by the sudden attention. Ava pondered for a while before glancing at Vivienne and Milo, seeking her help.

'Looks like Ava couldn't decide where she wants the wedding. I guess she still has some of the female lead's indecisive nature in her,' Vivienne thought.

"We will be having the wedding at the royal family's church. It has been a tradition for thousands of years, so it would be best not to break it," Milo said, chiming in to settle the matter.

Ava nodded in agreement, relieved to have a decision made for her. "Yes, that sounds like a wonderful idea. Thank you, Milo," she said, giving him a grateful smile.

'Nice save, Milo. Now there shouldn't be any more arguments since I don't have to ask for their opinion anymore,' Vivienne thought, but she was so wrong. More petty arguments like this continued to appear, driving her to the brink of frustration.

Vivienne's Annoyance Number 2...

"The cake should be vanilla. It's a classic flavor," the High Priest declared confidently.

"No way! Ava loves strawberries, so the cake should definitely be strawberry," the crown prince insisted, crossing his arms.

"Ava won't be eating the cake alone. Chocolate is the way to go, as it's a flavor that everyone enjoys," the Northern Duke countered, with a hint of smugness in his tone.

Vivienne couldn't believe they were arguing over something as simple as the cake flavor. She rolled her eyes, thinking that the Northern Duke was probably joining in for the sake of amusement.

"I have a brilliant idea," Vivienne chimed in, earning everyone's attention. "Why don't we have a three-tiered cake with each tier having a different flavor? We can have vanilla on the top tier, strawberry in the middle, and chocolate on the bottom. That way, everyone gets to enjoy their favorite flavor!"

The three men paused, considering her suggestion, and surprisingly, they all agreed. It seemed that Vivienne's compromise had solved the cake dilemma once and for all.

"Now I can handle this. You guys go find something else to do," Vivienne declared firmly, gently pushing the three men away to give herself some space to focus on her work.

"Vivienne, I brought the flavor you asked for. Want to try it?" Milo arrived just in time when the three men had left, which made Vivienne happy to be able to spend some alone time with him.

"I would love to," Vivienne said, and the two enjoyed the ice cream together.

"Vivienne, you have something on your cheek," Milo said, using his napkin to gently wipe away the stain. Vivienne felt her heart pounding with excitement as Milo's close proximity sent her senses into a daze.