Chapter 12

'Last night was quite restless for me. Sir Milo has been on my mind constantly,' Vivienne admitted to herself with a tired yawn, reflecting on her sleepless night.

"Lady Vivienne, I believe you should take a day off and rest. Last night must have been exhausting for you," Milo suggested, concern evident in his voice.

"Oh, there's no need. I'm perfectly fine," Vivienne declined the offer, brushing off any notion of fatigue.

'After realizing my romantic feelings for Sir Milo, I must make a move and start courting him. I don't want anyone else to snatch him away. But how should I go about it... Hmm...' Vivienne pondered, her mind racing with thoughts and possibilities.

Lost in her thoughts, Vivienne remained absorbed in her task of fixing the stained dress from the previous night. Abruptly, the crown prince barged into the room, as he often did, interrupting her concentration.

The crown prince's eyes fell upon the dress, and a disapproving scowl formed on his face. "Get rid of it," he commanded.

Vivienne felt taken aback by the prince's request, but she comprehended his desire to remove the dress from sight. "Of course, Your Highness," she replied, feigning compliance.

Vivienne rose from her seat and quietly exited the workroom, ensuring that her actions went unnoticed by the crown prince. She was resolute in her conviction that the dress could be repurposed, finding it wasteful to simply discard it.

After safely stowing the dress in her own room, Vivienne emerged and caught sight of Lady Silverwood conversing with two other noble ladies at the end of the hallway.

'I have a bad feeling about this. I don't think those two ladies are on the guest list, and whenever the main female character talks to other women, things usually turn out badly,' Vivienne thought to herself as she hurriedly walked towards Lady Silverwood.

Just as Vivienne was nearing her destination, one of the ladies unexpectedly slapped Lady Silverwood, leaving Vivienne stunned by the sudden act.

'Ah, yes, the cliché slap scene. That must have been quite painful. I was foolish to believe that the debutante ball would keep such individuals at bay. It seems like they are appearing even more frequently now. I should probably inspect the security system at some point. And how are these troublesome ladies constantly showing up? It must be the magic of this isekai world, where the female lead seems to attract trouble like a magnet,' Vivienne sighed, feeling frustrated. She quickly realized that she had to step in and rescue the female lead to prevent the crown prince from engaging in reckless behavior, which would only create more work for her.

"How dare you belittle me! I am far superior to someone of your lowly status. The only reason the prince is interested in you is because you shamelessly pursued him," one of the women sneered, mocking Ava.

"You're nothing but an illegitimate child. The crown prince will grow tired of you eventually," the other woman chimed in, joining the verbal assault.

As Vivienne arrived, the two women assumed she would align with them and sought to involve her in their mockery of Ava.

"Lady Ravenswood! Surely, as a noblewoman, you must agree with us. This illegitimate child is unworthy of standing beside the crown prince. You, on the other hand, would be a more suitable candidate to become the future crown princess," one of the women attempted to persuade Vivienne.

"I don't know who you both are, but consider yourselves permanently banned from ever setting foot in this palace again. Furthermore, you'll be spending the next two weeks behind bars for trespassing," Vivienne declared firmly, swiftly displaying her royal badge to silence the two women.