Chapter 18

Vivienne couldn't help but feel like a bit of a third-wheeler as she observed the couple next to her, who seemed utterly enamored with each other. They appeared lost in their world, reminiscent of a honeymoon.

'Could you please dial down the lovey-dovey atmosphere? This isn't your honeymoon; we're here to address a major problem. Show a little consideration for those of us who are still single,' Vivienne thought to herself, trying to avoid looking at the couple. 'If only Milo were here,' she mused silently.

Meanwhile, Vivienne conversed with the local Duke of the eastern region. The Duke was responsible for arranging their accommodations and assisting with solving the drought problem.

"Secretary Ravenswood, it is our family's honor to ensure the well-being of His Highness, the crown prince, and his fiancée," the Eastern Duke spoke with a tone of sincerity. "Please make yourself comfortable. We have made all the necessary arrangements."

As Vivienne continued her conversation with the Eastern Duke, her attention was suddenly captured by the arrival of another carriage at the Duke's residence. Surprisingly, she recognized the distinctive emblem on the carriage as belonging to the church.

Confusion crept over Vivienne as she pondered the purpose of the church's presence. In her mind, she questioned their role in this isekai world. Would they be portrayed as an evil cult, or perhaps they were only involved in wedding ceremonies or designated the female lead as a saint? Yet, in a world devoid of magic, the existence of a Saintess seemed unlikely, though she couldn't help her imagination from running wild with possibilities.

While the Eastern Duke attended to the crown prince, his son hastened to greet the newly arrived guest. Intrigued by the commotion, Vivienne deliberately slowed her pace, hoping to catch a glimpse of the visitor.

As the carriage doors swung open, they revealed a strikingly handsome man with lustrous blue hair and shimmering silver eyes. His attire, adorned with the markings of a high-ranking priest, indicated his esteemed position within the church. Vivienne found herself momentarily stunned by the sight of yet another captivating face.

She soon realized she wasn't the only one captivated by the guest's appearance. The collective attention of those nearby had been drawn to him, their gazes lingering in fascination.

At that moment, Vivienne noticed the priest's eyes focused on Ava. The priest quickly approached her, ignoring the Eastern Duke's son.

"You're the goddess we've been searching for," the attractive priest suddenly knelt. "You're the one who will save this world."

Ava stood, utterly taken aback, her senses awash with surprise, leaving her momentarily uncertain how to respond. The scene unfolded with such unexpected intensity that it left everyone present astounded.

Vivienne's mind raced with confusion. 'Wait, did it skip from Saintess to Goddess? Does magic exist? And is it just me, or does the priest's outfit seem suspiciously form-fitting, revealing the outline of his muscles? Are priests supposed to be this physically built? What on earth is happening in this isekai world?' she pondered, desperately trying to comprehend the bewildering circumstances.

"There is no such thing as magic. It's nothing more than a fairy tale," the crown prince interjected, desperate to keep Ava away from the priest.

"Magic is a well-guarded secret known only to the highest-ranking church members. It remains concealed until we have discovered our goddess," the handsome priest explained.

"The audacity of the church, keeping such a secret from the royal family," the crown prince exclaimed, his voice filled with anger.

"We haven't concealed this information from the royal family. The current emperor is aware of the existence of magic as well. However, knowledge of magic is limited to a chosen few within the church. You can count them on just two hands. Eventually, when you ascend the throne, you will have been informed about the existence of magic," the handsome priest clarified.