What a Wonderful Day To Drown

Where once again our orc gets the duo into deeper trouble, that our halfling literally has to pull them out of.

Below the sinking ship, the rays of sunshine brightly illuminated the warbling waters, relatively calm, for being in the presence of a giant descending vessel. The fish have long scattered and boats could be seen on the surface upon the clear blue waters. Small boats, filled with various human and human-like creatures heading towards the city, oars striking the waters. Below them two black blotches swam, holding something that shun brightly enough to drive away even the hardest shadows below and pierce the waters above with its light. How did these men of wood and metal even have weight in the water? How could their soaked limbs even give enough force to propagate themselves forward? Those questions swam through Mica's head (faster than he did, unfortunately) as he dodged the debris of the falling ship, and went unanswered.

The constructs were swimming towards the water's surface, but stopped, noting their boat was all but gone. Upon further inspection of the water's surface, they confirmed that it had been snatched by the people fleeing the sinking vessel. The two constructs decided to swim their way towards the larger rescue boats, instead of their taken vessels, as the larger rescue boats appeared slower, having more people in them, and thus easier to catch up to.

Uuoooshhh

They looked around at the sudden sound that echoed underwater and found its source. People were jumping into the waters from the sinking ship and rushing towards the fleeing rescue boats, or perhaps the now visible docks of the city. Although swimming that far would be near madness for a regular human.

Uuoooshhh

Another person fell, another survivor from the shipwreck, but they didn't have time to look back. Their mission was to return the crys-

One of the constructs felt a tug. The construct stopped, turning to see what caught its cloak, only to see it was an orc that shattered it to countless pieces with their large axe piercing into its wood-and-metal core. The crystal-holding construct turned as well, seeing a green-black orc-creature roar bubbles at it.

The construct would not reach for its weapon, refusing to relent the crystal, and instead decided on another weapon- the sharp edge of the crystal, now pierced down into the greenish orc-things' shoulder. Red spilt out between the two figures, contaminating the water in its fog-like spray, with the bright purple light of the crystal piercing through it all.

The crystal was clenched in the orc's large fist, dislodged from his bleeding shoulder, and found retribution inside the soaked wood and metallic bits with black cloth clinging to them that was the construct, now nothing more than the collection of its broken parts. Though the philosophical debate if those bits of the construct ever really were at all expertly dodged the thought process of the orc- who was too busy coveting the crystal.

The shine of the crystal grew blindingly bright, as bubbles escaped the orc's mouth, and the hands clenching the radiating shard shone with the same bright light. The light slowly died back from extremely bright, to only very bright, as Nuraka, losing breath, yet held the crystal in both hands and with the power of his legs alone he erupted through the water's surface, finally able to gasp for air.

Tired, heavy and with a new pain in the back of his palms ongoing from merely holding the crystal- by all senses the orc should've let go, but he wouldn't let go, he couldn't. The crystal made Choppa more powerful, he only needed more time, and he would learn how to control the life-shard's power.

Nothing would stand in Nuraka's way then.

Only, he had forgotten one thing.

He had no more power.