P is for Psycho

Where we find out more about new companions, as old ones leave.

The purple energy surrounding the orc, pulsating out of the crystal, slowly began to engulf Liam.

Conroy was stuck in place, by the time he threw the potion the skeletal undead reached up to his shoulders, pulling him down. Thankfully their grips were only brutal, but not skin tearing, likely as he didn't resist. Only his neck and head remained free, at least for now.

"kkkChhhHHHH-TFfu!" Was heard as Conroy lunged a loogie at the nearest corpse. He hit a skeletal hand. Seeing it start to dissolve under his magic-infused saliva, only to stop, after barely eroding half of it. Shit, that's useless without some baetylus in the mix.

"Liam!! Wake up!!!" Conry shouted over to his friend. Trying to add a few more exclamation marks to see if it might raise Liam from his haze.

Who knew what the ghost had in store for them? Or maybe they were just going to die?

Panic finally gripped him. Old feelings resurged. His body was telling him that death would be better than being at the hands of a necromancer again.

He looked at Liam one last time. There was nothing there but purple-pinkish, blinding light.

***

Liam was asleep, unhearing and unthinking. Ready to embrace the nothingness.

Park Ranger Frank, however, wasn't.

"The use of this much magic in the forest is dangerous, I'm going to have to ask you to stop." Park Ranger Frank uttered, taking over the empty mind, and the body as well, while he was at it.

The orc's eyes widened, its maw twisting in confusion.

Frank used this moment to force through the hesitant claw holding down Frank's potion-holding arm and smash the held vial into the skinny brownskin's face.

The orc growled, shaking his head and withdrawing from the Park Ranger.

"rrRh... GraaAHH!" The orc was trying to remove the liquid from its face, both arms completely off of Frank both in arm and in throat. The white solvent began to glow bright white as the orc in its desperation seemed to have found out that clawing off dampness is not as easy as it seems.

From the glow Frank could see a clear silhouette around the orc, one he had caught glimpses of before in its shadow, yet now was bigger and clearer: It was an elvish-ghost, the guise of one glowing in purple, and it was large. At least two heads above the already tall orc (even a husk the orc was taller than an average human). The ghost-elf's face was twisted in pain. The purple elf-figure began to be sucked into the crystal at the orc's back, disconnecting it completely from the orc, the skeletal-like brownskin-orc regained its own shadow, and the elf-figure-like ghost grew smaller, and smaller until the elf-ghost was no more.

Thud

The orc fell on its back, its body looking like a rag doll, being governed down to earth by the giant baetylus on its back. The skeletal figures all around them mushed: rapidly decomposing back into nothingness, well, not exactly nothingness. Let's say Park Ranger Frank and Conroy would probably need to clean their clothes after this quite thoroughly.

The Park Ranger, now freed from the bindings of bones, kicked the brownskin's corpse for good measure. No response. The body kind of all too easily flailed around as if its bones and meat were all sucked out of it. He saw worse things in the wild, so he wasn't much taken aback.