Hail to the Chief

Where we find out about the pale ones and their involvement with the orcs, or rather, use of the orcs, and their lust for war.

The Greys, the Pale Ones, whatever name the orcs called them, it was all the same to him.

Le'iri leaned back on the carriage, sitting in the front near the driver. Trying to get some rest before their arrival.

He was a fine-looking individual, gray skin, pale complexion, pointy ears, drab hued gray clothing.

By his side was a figure of the same size, female, with about the same long hair that he had, and the same colours in both complexion, skin and clothes.

He shifted. Then shifted again. To the other side? No. Left- A bit to the r-hhhRRRGgGHH-

Le'iri doubled down after he was elbowed in the stomach.

"Stop shifting, I'm trying to lead the horses here." Kar'ila sighed and moved her eyes back to the horses.

"They are a spell, they just look like normal horses, they're phantasmal horses, following a direction that is part of the spell, you don't need to do anything! I cast it on ours and everyone else's carriage, none of our people need to take the reins." Le'iri snapped at her, rubbing his aching side.

"Shut up. I already told all the drivers to grab the reins, in case your spell fails. And you always do this, when I'm trying to ride, you shift beside me. If you want to rest, just get in the carriage and find a spot there." Kar'ila gave a tsk and motioned at the back.

"What? With all the weapons? Forget it. What if one of them slips out of the boxes and cuts me?" Le'iri straightened back, the pain that was dealt to him was more from shock and a wound to his pride than his body. He was supposed to be the leader, but his co-captain always ended up bossing him around.

"Stop being a baby, they're also enchanted, nothing's going to happen." Kar'ila scoffed, looking to be past minding Le'iri. She was no longer looking at him and glanced toward the twilight likely to look for the orc's camp.

"What if one of them falls on me? What, you don't want me sitting here next to you? Sheesh..." Le'iri muttered.

"Stop talking under your breath, it's a bad habit." She said, coldly, Le'iri added in his head.

He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes past the remaining light to see the hill in the distance, with that one protruding hut he knew so well.

"We're here!" Le'iri exclaimed.

"Did you go ahead and tell your kid to bring other orc tribes?" Kar'ila asked.

"He's not my kid, stop with the- What?" Le'iri glanced over at the distance, a march of more orcs, led by two riding on the Redriver's infamous giant boars.

The grey-skinned chief of the Northern tribe walked outside, not merely with his One-Eyed help, but with his entire tribe behind him. Currently, orcs were gathering on the plain. This many orcs in one spot usually meant someone being killed. Actually, usually a lot more than one.

"Should we... stop?" Kar'ila deferred to Le'iri, glancing slowly towards him. It wasn't that she was afraid, it was more that she was smart, Le'iri knew. Usually, it's better to let orcs kill each other and gather the stuff in the aftermath.

But, he was also interested to see how this would play out.

"No, I think we'll go ahead." He grinned.

"If you get caught in a battle, I'm leaving you." She clarified.

"Thanks for the support." Le'iri gave a mock grin. He wasn't going to let her ruin his interest. He wanted to see what the chieftain he made would do.