Chapter 4

Keigo

"After you," I open the door of the restaurant for Asami, getting a roll of her eyes with a smile. "What? Can't your man be a gentleman?"

"Sure, if he's not cheesy," She drags along with her, careful with her touch, so she doesn't damage the suit. "Keigo, you didn't have to make a reservation here, seriously."

"Why not?"

"Good evening, Mr. Hawks, young lady," The host on the front bows to us, going through the reservations. "Your table is ready. Please, follow me this way."

I pull the chair back to let my beautiful girlfriend sit down and I catch her laughing with my actions. I get it, I don't do this kind of stuff that often but at least give me some credit, damn.

"This place is too fancy for someone like-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." I take my seat across her, resting my hands on the table. "I wanted to take you out and I wanted it to be something nice. Is that so bad of a thing?"

"Well, no but-"

"No buts, you deserve this." Plus, she has been working so much lately that I barely have the chance to see her and my job as a hero doesn't help either. I've also noticed she has been a little under the weather these days and I can guess why. "You are working so hard, you need to take a break and enjoy this date with your handsome hero."

"My handsome hero is doing too much for me," Her hand cups my cheek, caressing my skin with her thumb. "But I appreciate it. Thank you."

I turn to kiss the inside of her palm and take it in my hand. "Anything for you."

"Anything?"

"Watch it." She laughs; it's something I haven't seen in a while and I've missed it a lot.

"What a hypocrite, using him for his money."

You have got to be kidding me. Not on our date, too.

I hoped I would be the only one who heard that comment but from the way Asami's smile dropped, I figured she heard it too. Apparently, some of my "fans" have started trash talking my girlfriend, saying she's only with me because I'm the number two hero and have a lot of money. I know she tried to ignore them at first, and she did, but when you keep listening to the same shit over and over again, you can't just ignore it.

She tried pulling her hand back but I didn't let her. I held it tighter, giving her a reassuring smile but it didn't work.

"Hey," I took her hand back into mine. "Don't listen to them. They're just jealous of you."

I only got a nod for an answer which didn't satisfy me. I hate that she has to deal with this almost every day and I can tell it's messing with her mind a lot.

"Anyway," Her smile is back but it's a fake one. "How was work today?"

"Ah, nothing interesting really. Just patrolling and paperworks," I reach for her hands again and hold them tight this time. "How is the dress going?"

"Oh, right, I didn't tell you!" And that right there is her genuine smile. I feel like I fall in love with her every time she smiles or laughs. I especially love it when she's talking about her passion because it makes her the happiest. Besides me, of course. So, that's exactly what we're gonna talk about to lighten up her mood and it worked. "The materials I ordered from France are coming on Monday and I can finally finish the dress I've been working on for two months now."

She's so excited she doesn't even realize she's squeezing my hands with all her might, shaking them like a little child. She's so cute when she talks about her designs. I want to listen to her about them all day long just so I can keep staring at that gorgeous happy face.